*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/180019-Miracle-At-Dead-Mans-Curve
by Kings
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #180019
I awakened to find after the accident I could not move at all.

Dead Man's Curve

Late one night I rounded Dead Man's Curve. Something distracted my vision and I lost control of my car. When I awakened I found myself deep down in a ravine far from the highway. I had been thrown out of my car near the bottom.

I could not move it seemed I was totally paralyzed. There I lay helpless and near death from the crash. What was I going to do for help? What if some wild animal came around what could I do? Where was I going to get water and food? Thank the Lord for it being summer time.

I laid awake till the next morning and fell asleep around dawn. I awakened around noon with the sun's glare blinding me. However I noticed I had feelings in my arms and hands. After trying for awhile I realized I could use them. I was overwhelmed with joy. Then I heard a sound like the trickling of water. I raised my head and pulled my body in the direction of the sound. It was a small flow of water from a small stream so I took a drink.

There was a large bush about fifteen feet away from me. I pulled my body under its branches to get in the shade from the hot sun. As I lay there I could barely hear cars passing on the highway above. I tried yelling for help but nobody came to my rescue. I knew I would not live for long without food.

I look at the rock covered mountain between me and the highway above. I was so weak I did'nt think I could pull my body up it. What if I got part of the way up it and could go no further? There I would be stuck in the hot sun with no water. Here I had at least shade and water. So I decided to stay where I was and conserve what little energy I had. I found a stick from the large bush and kept it near my side.

Perhaps when I was reported missing they would search for me and my car. My car could be seen from the air in a helicopter. At least that's what I was hoping. My Parents knew I was driving home from college to see them. They would call the authorities and report me missing. It bothered me that they would worry about my well being.

The second night I lay there after the accident. There was a noise nearby I couldn't see what it was. It was coming closer to me. I knew it was some type of animal it was breathing very heavy. Then I seen its body outline so I hit the big bush with my stick and yelled at the same time. It jumped back and ran off into the night. It was probably a wolf or maybe a bobcat.

After that I was afraid to fall asleep it could be waiting for its chance to attack me. So I lay there thinking of all the pretty girls I knew. Would they feel the same about me if I were permanently paralyzed? That special girl in my home town what would her feeling be now? But I knew my priorities were to get out of this place alive and get medical attention.

My second day laying there it was another hot day. I started losing hope of leaving that place alive. I began praying asking for forgiveness and help. As I prayed I felt a strange feeling that Someone was standing beside me. Why was the Lord making his presence known? Was it his way of saying he was watching over me?

Then I thought back to the night I had my accident. Something had distracted me as I rounded Dead Man's Curve. Could it have been the ghost of one of its victims?

On the third night I hoped I would'nt have to face that animal again. Then I heard a soft voice call my name. I reluctantly answered her. She said she was an Angel and she was going to help me. I could not see her but I knew she was there. Inside I cried with joy but, I thought how can she help me?

It was beginning to get day light when my car burst into flames. The burning car could be seen from the highway and someone called the police. Soon help came and they air lifted me to the hospital for medical treatment. Slowly I began to regain control of all my body functions. I stayed in the hospital and went through rehabilitation.

Today I am fully recovered from my accident at Dead Man's Curve. I pray and give thanks every night for the miracle.

BY: Kings








© Copyright 2001 Kings (tazzy1228 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/180019-Miracle-At-Dead-Mans-Curve