*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800758-THANK-GOD-ITS-OVER
Rated: E · Article · Contest Entry · #1800758
The frenzy, palaver around New Year baffles me at times.In one of those moments I penned
Come New Year and a kind of frenzy envelops everyone. It is excitement galore with elaborate plans and novel ideas of celebrating the occasion finding space in everyone’s mind.

At the risk of sounding mundane (read boring), I find this fuss around the New Year arrival unbearable. Many would reason this excitement as the need of the mortals for a high, a reason to cheer, to refresh one’s spirits and so on. Alas, if our eyes and hearts are open to receive new impressions, each day would be a new adventure. Why depend on a date release the pent-up emotions?

All and sundry get so very tied up chalking out their entertainment agenda. The print and electronic media are busy rounding up the gone year in a fashion which is ‘different’ and entertaining. Their intense effort is to keep you riveted in front of the TV where the channels churn out hourly programme and the minute by minute countdown to New Year becomes cut-throat.
Even the most ordinary and the quiet get ready to attune themselves with the gaiety around. ‘Partying where?’ is the question afloat everywhere. Those with confirmed reservations for the New Year eve relax while the unconfirmed scurry around to arrange entry at the happening places. Hotels, booking counters, discos, tailors, telephone lines get busier by the moment.

The celebration, by and large, gets translated into buckets of booze flowing , dancing till every ounce of energy the body can afford is wrung out, eating as if there is no tomorrow. A lot of men’s energy goes into wooing or even staying near the sexiest, prettiest and luscious women. Ticking of clock and the billionth of second being announced at the highest decibels make the heart go racier. People are rapturous, some even in a trance-like state and then is announced the moment, the arrival. Seems some God has descended on earth and the human race is ecstatic.

Wee hours……………. New Year done………. many go back completely sloshed out and crash on bed.

1st January, the New Year rising sun feels bereft with no greetings. It receives welcome from sleepy eyes only at late morning or mid-afternoon. Any semblance…………………..?





© Copyright 2011 shaily bhashanjaly (shaily at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800758-THANK-GOD-ITS-OVER