*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800983-Ice-Cream-Chapter-1
by manna
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Other · #1800983
Brian will do anythign to say with Lizzy. Nothing will stop him. well...almost nothing
Let me say that I had help in editing from B.A. Holland and Meg. Thanks! Enjoy

Ice-Cream

I sat up in bed. The morning sun shined brightly through my window. Sleepily, I grabbed my iPhone and texted hey beautiful to my girlfriend, Emma. I looked beside my table where I kept a photo of my blonde babe only to notice that it was gone. It was then that I remembered the night before but it was too late; my I-Phone buzzed. Slowly, I raised the phone, afraid of what my ex-girlfriend had to say.

"Get a life! Stop texting me!" appeared in big letters. I sighed and threw my phone down. I could remember the night before clearly now that I was awake.

It was two o’clock in the morning when I finally got a chance to call my girlfriend.
“Hey hun, sorry it’s so late. I got caught up with work.” The line was silent for a while... All I could hear was Emma’s heavy breathing.
“Hun?!,” Emma exploded. “You spend more time with your work and your app’s than you do with me!” Then the line went dead.

I guess I should have seen that coming. I did spend a lot of time at work; I designed App’s for the iPhone. I’m one of the most successful app creators ever; I felt that should be a good reason for keeping girls, not to keep losing them. I ran my fingers through my messy black hair and gowned as I stumbeled out of bed. I walked into the bathroom and saw a sticky-note that I put on the mirror.

Meeting at 12:30 was written on the note. I swore under my breath because it was already 11:00. I quickly got ready and glanced out the window.
“Great! It rains on the day my car is broken!” Did I mention that Emma also ripped the breaks out of my car? I grabbed my IPhone and umbrella and walked out the door. I walked down the crowded sidewalk,trying not to step in the gum on the ground. 12:25, my watch read.

I started to run.

As I ran, I bumped into a woman; she had a stack of papers under her arms as she fell over; the sheets flew like Autumn leaves and she scrambled to pick them up. During the chaos, my iPhone fell out of my pocket and into a puddle.

“Gosh lady! Do you know how much those phones cost? Whatch where you’re going, would ya?”

The woman turned to face me and her eyes narrowed.
“Watch where I’m going? You bumped into ME!” She shook her head and her hair flew out of a neat bun that was tucked in the back. Her hair was such an amazing red. Her skin was bright against the fire. I babbled, dumbfounded. She looked at me like I was an idiot, then briskly, turned around and walked off. I shook my head. Forget the meeting, I was sure I had just met the girl of my dreams.


I ran after her.

“Hey! Wait up!”
She turned to face me.
“What?!,” she said sharply.
“Umm,” I said as I fidgeted with my collar. “Do you want to get some coffee?”

A smile slowly spread across her face until she practically glowed.
“Okay...”


© Copyright 2011 manna (manna1414 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800983-Ice-Cream-Chapter-1