*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801485-A-Girl-in-the-Metro
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1801485
I saw a girl, she was not all breathtakingly beautiful, but something in her was....
I was returning after watching a sci-fi movie, it was evening and the sun was just beginning to hide itself from the nakedness of this earth to sleep for a while. The streets were still wet from the rain few hours back. I slided hands into my pocket and walking carelessly to the nearest metro station to take metro to home. It was barely a 10 minutes walk from the mall. I moved my head, saw her and then as if the thought just kept bouncing as if I had seen her somewhere. She was not breathtakingly beautiful; neither was like the Delhi girls who are way far hotter. But something in her was far more soothing and convincing to look at. I just looked at her for some seconds but it seemed in that small moment I captured every details of her. A simple green churidar with little star like spots and the dupatta of the same design. Not too tall, nor too short. Wearing a little bindi, and kajol in her eyes. Her straight hair tied into a pony tail. She threw a glance at me, and then withdrew. For a moment I stood there still. What happened to me? She is just a normal girl! But my eyes were fixed at her direction only. Then I did something which I never ever thought of doing, let alone do it. I followed the girl, I followed her like mad. I did not feel anything then. At that time I was just concerned about her, where is she going, what if somebody hurts her? I was thinking like mad. I went dumb. Fortunately she was also heading to the metro station else God knows where I would follow her to. I stood behind her in line. She again glanced at me, this time a little longer. I forgot everything and just remember her eyes with a hint of kajol then. I did not realize that I had stopped breathing then! She took the tickets. And to my horror she turned and asked me that if the tickets cost her Rs. 38 and that she gave Rs. 100 how much she should get in return. I just stared, but my heart was beating like anything and mind running at lightning speed. Was she illiterate? She did not look like, Or was she just trying to start a conversation with me? In these thoughts I did not notice that I was just staring at her. The people behind me got restless and shouted at me to take the ticket. A middle aged started helping her. I took tickets and went to a side and waiting for her to come. As if I was travelling with her only. I felt nothing that time. Just drops of perspiration and excitement and calmness at the same time. She took the money and proceeded. She broke into what I thought was a smile or what? I did not understand. My vision was also getting blurred. I quietly followed her. There she stood waiting for metro. I stole frequent glances, thought of approaching her, but never could gather the courage. Metro came. She boarded and I too followed her. Just then a women shouted" Dude! This is woman's special, No men allowed" I looked at her, helpless, in pathetic condition. I quietly walked outside, and kept on looking at her. The metro went away. I felt stupid, I felt what if I had responded to her in the ticket counter, what if I had gathered courage to speak to her in pretext of help. I stood there. I wished she came back. But fairy tales does not happen in real life. Slowly I also boarded another metro and went  away. Never give life a chance to pity at you, because it seriously hurts. Take the matter, and just respond as the heart says. Because in some cases , Our heart is so right!

I opened my eyes and slowly sat on bed. Was that a dream?
© Copyright 2011 The Zero (asim.rout at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801485-A-Girl-in-the-Metro