*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1802219-A-Small-Tale-of-Friendship
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1802219
Two animals cast out by their families realize that they are in the same boat.
  A Small Tale of Friendship 
  The wolf sat by the river, alone. His mother had cast him from the wolf pack when she had decided to have new pups. The way of the Rocky Mountain forest was harsh, if you were one of the youngest and the pack was coming to have to many wolves, you were cast away to find a new pack.
    The wolf looked into the stream, wondering why his mother had just dumped him on the road like that, didn't she love him? He shook that thought away, growling, of course she loved him, she was just doing this for the good of her pack.
  The beaver swam down the river, alone. His mother had cast him from the beaver lodge when she was having children. The way of the Rocky Mountain Beavers was harsh, if you were one of the oldest children and the lodge was becoming crowded, you were cast away to find a new way of life.
  The beaver looked on the shore, realizing that danger was near, the wolf on the stream was sitting there, waiting for food. He began to swim away, realizing that the wolf had already spotted him.
    The wolf began swimming through the stream, trying to capture the beaver, after awhile he finally had the beaver cornered on the land, where he would be an easy meal. The wolf charged, then stopped. He looked in the beaver's fearful eyes,and his nose twitching involuntarily. He seemed to be saying, Please spare me, I am trying to start a new life, and find a new home, please just let me go free.
    The wolf saw what the beaver has gone through and realized that he was on the same boat, his hunger for the young beaver soon vanished and he found a new want. He wanted to let this beaver live his life..
    The beaver watched in amazement as the wolf began to walk away, he realized that this young wolf had spared him, only because he was also cast away by his family. The beaver followed, his tail dragging along the ground, happy and hopeful.
    The young wolf looked back to see the beaver waddling behind him slowly, trying to catch up. He wagged his tail and dropped back behind the beaver. He picked him up by the scruff of the neck and trotted off down the river bed, looking for a hopeful home that was near the river. The beaver also looked, happy with his new friend.
    And as they walked into the distance, towards the golden-pink horizon, there everlasting friendship began.

The End
© Copyright 2011 zoroarkqueen99 (shashony513 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1802219-A-Small-Tale-of-Friendship