*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1803010-You
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Emotional · #1803010
Hanging onto a past love...
I oftentimes find my mind wandering to the thought of you. I know my thoughts are unwarranted, unclean, but I cannot help myself. Whenever something significant happens, I find myself thinking back to you---what would you say? I find myself thinking back to times we once had, laughs we once shared. I find myself thinking of you less each day, but still you are always on my mind.

I compose entire screenplays in my head based on what I would say if I ran into you at such and such a place, and yet I find myself asking the sky, asking if this is normal. I have moved on, in love and in life, but I still find myself wandering to the thought of you, the feel of you, and the smell of you…the taste of your mouth at 3am. I know that I do not love you, but I know that I will never leave you—you will never be left out of my mind, my thoughts, my desires, my dreams, my hopes…my life.
© Copyright 2011 D.L. VanVeelen (dlvanveelen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1803010-You