*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1803198-Coffee
by Everun
Rated: E · Other · Adult · #1803198
You meet someone you once knew, and here they speak to you.
I need a quiet moment. I'm usually so busy. I don't know where my head is at times; as I fumble my way through life as it is.
It's so busy. The world can't stop, and here I am, running along with the rest of them. I don't like these people with the way they're always demanding the best of the best. I mean, I'm alright with what I get as long as my coffee has three cream with no sugar.
The world really needs to slow down. I know I'm really busy, but I can't always just slow down and look at the world. I save that time for when I'm at home, after I'm done with the housework and laundry and planning my next meeting.
Okay, so I'm busy at home, too. It doesn't mean I don't know how to have a good quiet time. Why, just the other day I was having a couple of beer with my friends. We were just chilling out at the bar trying to have a good time. Really, though, how could I have a good time with a bunch of twats I spend all day with, only to have them make jokes and smears about you. I'm the butt of their jokes. But as superiors, I can really get somewhere if I grin and bear it.
Right, well, if I'm not thinking about my coffee, or my job, or my social status, I guess I really like photography. You know, just having that moment to take a photo and stop time for just one minute. Here's a photo of me in college, see my shirt? I would never wear anything that slummy ever again. I mean, it's completely out of style now, however comfortable it was.
I remember this photo, I knew it was slummy, but I wore it because it was so comfortable. I have forgotten where I put it, but I know it's somewhere.
Actually, I think I threw it as one of the sale items for some charitable thing these kids came to my door for. I hope it does someone well. I actually kind of miss that shirt now that I think of it.
What?
I've stopped. You're right, I really have. I took a moment to reflect on myself and my experiences. You may have just reignited my passion for photography. Hopefully, the others at the firm may not have to dwell so much in their work. I'll see if I can get some of the people I actually like to come over for the superbowl, as well.
Thank you for the stop, but I really must be going now. A life is a life, and I cannot stop. You've allowed me to slow down, though. Thank you, my old friend.
© Copyright 2011 Everun (everun at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1803198-Coffee