*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1803218-Random-Musing
Rated: E · Editorial · Other · #1803218
How does a writer find the right starting point.
As I have joined this site only recently, I have had opportunities to read several short stories here. Most of them I have been entertained by, while a few, I just walked away wondering what I just read. It made me think of a question that I would like to pose to each and every member of Writing.com. When do you know, as a writer yourself, what is the right starting point of a good story. I know you want to capture the readers attention immediately, but even the best of story ideas, require a point that enthralls the reader to continue. I myself find I can come up with hundreds of ideas for stories, some that could be novels, but always find it hard to reach that good starting point. I am just curious what others think, or if they experience the same issues as myself.
© Copyright 2011 Clark Wilson (clarkwilson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1803218-Random-Musing