*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1804219-Flying-the-Friendly-Skys
Rated: 13+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #1804219
Things take a turn for the worse after a plan crashes on an island
“Mayday...this is JA flight 753 calling control tower 42 we are going down...fast”. A distressed captain Stewart looked at his co-captain who was clutching a picture of his wife and son, eyes brimming with tears. As the doomed flight was being pelted by hail from the intense thunderstorm, lighting struck knocking out all of the electricity. The sudden black out on the plane was followed by even more horrid screams and shouts of: “WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!” Out of the cockpit and into the body of the plane sat stunned passengers waiting for death’s embrace. All of a sudden the emergency door swung open and the sky began sucking patrons from their seat restraints. “HOLD MY HAND! DON’T LET GO”, said a frantic Jill to her husband. Fingers slipping from his wife’s sweaty grip, John whispered “I love you” as he was sucked from the plane. Jill watched helplessly as her husband’s body plummeted then was suddenly disintegrated by a bolt of lightening. The dust that was now her husband’s remains blew back into the plane over Jill’s teary face. One by one, passengers fell to the abyss before the plane finally crashed on a small island.



The nose of the plane had sank in the tropical waters whilst the body lingered, smoldering in the treetops. Some of bodies of passengers lay mangled on the white sand.“OH GOD OH GOD” moaned a voice. Jason managed to unhook his restraints and put his hand to his bloody head. He looked around seeing bodies bent over seats, some impelled by pieces of the plane. “HELP ME PLEASE” said another voice off to Jason’s right. Liz was an officer with the National Guard and was on her way home to her family before this catastrophe. Jason managed to wiggle out of his seat over to Liz. Her seatbelt was jammed. “I have a small knife strapped to my right ankle, don’t ask me how just get it”, said Liz. Jason cut loose Liz and the two stumbled out of the plane and onto the treetops. “Let’s make our way down slowly” said Liz. Half way down the trees began to shake. There was a grinding sound, followed by cracking. “Liz we have to jump”, looking down at her damaged calf, she jumped. Jason followed. The jump completely severed Liz’s shin that was now protruding from her knee. The sight alone made Jason vomit. He quickly grabbed her and rolled with her out of danger, moments after the wreckage came crashing down. “WHAT DO I DO?! YOUR FREAKIN’ LEG! OH JEEEZZZ...OH MANN”, said a trembling Jason. “I am going to loose a lot of blood if I don’t attempt to close this up, I need your help okay?”, said a rather calm Liz. “Grab my knife, slice two incision points around the bone... JUST DO IT, ITS OUR ONLY CHANCE!!!!” Jason sliced open her leg, blood squirting on his lips as he did so. “Good, now take your hand and push the bone back into place” “NO WAY...I CAN’T...NO”, said Jason who until this point hadn’t broken a sweat. “You have to, it’s the only chance I have of ever being able to walk again”. Slowly, Jason pushed the bone back in, the grinding sound of the shin against Liz’s knee joint made him cringe. Liz tore the sleeves off her jacket and told Jason to tightly wrap her leg with all his might. She then looked around for a flat piece of metal to act as a brace for her leg. Finding a foldout tray from one of the plane seats, Jason put it behind her damaged limb and wrapped it tight with more pieces of jacket. “I don’t know if you should stand up on that, I can pull you”, Jason said. “No, like I said before, its our only chance”. Standing, blood flowing from her wound Liz hobbled over to the next tree.



“We should get to higher ground, that way we can see any rescue ships or planes”, said Liz. Supporting each other, the two hobbled through the wilderness until they found what looked to be a mountain. “Can you make the climb?” “Do I have a choice?” said Liz sarcastically. Its getting dark, we should camp out for the night then begin the hike tomorrow, suggested Jason. His partner complied. The two sat, watching the sunset which would have been rather romantic if not for their current situation. Jason drifted in and out of sleep until a ripple in the ocean caught his attention. “What the hell is that?”, said Jason while shaking Liz awake. The two sat in anticipation to see what will rise from the water. As the last glimpses of sun crept from view and the moon shown over the blackened sea, in unison, twenty heads rose slowly... eyes glowing green, skin blue and wrinkled, heads with exposed brain, legs with exposed tendons dressed in civilian clothing. Sea urchins and slugs crawled in and out of the ears and mouths of the un-dead. “NO...NO...NO...NO...” murmured Liz and Jason as they watched zombies from flight 753 headed straight for them. Quickly the two stood and headed for the mountain, their slow pace matched by that of the zombies. Half way up Liz’s temporary leg brace snapped, “leave me” she said. “No I can’t, get on my back, DO IT”, said Jason. Pulling a gun from her holster on her back, Liz whispered, “take it and go”. Fighting back tears Jason ran up the mountain, now able to move much faster without the dead weight of his partner. Looking back moments later, Jason saw Liz being torn limb from limb by the un-dead, gnawing at her insides, slurping her intestines like pasta noodles. Jason put 3 bullets into the head of one zombie, shooting it almost clean off. Positioning its head straight again the zombie looked pissed off. Jason had forgot the principal rule: you can’t kill what’s already dead.
© Copyright 2011 GinnayG. (ggsnickets at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1804219-Flying-the-Friendly-Skys