*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1805288-Eliza-Ruth-Teen-Detective-Chapter-2
Rated: E · Other · Detective · #1805288
Eliza gets an anonymous call asking her about the note...
Eliza Ruth Teen Detective

Chapter Two

I returned home with the numbers still whizzing round my head. My parents went to the shop with Lily so I was home alone. To try and ease my nerves, I sat down and started to watch some TV. I began to calm down, it was probably just a couple of boys hiding each others phone numbers to see it anyone would call them. I jumped as the house phone starting ringing shrilly.

I stood up and went to go answer it. It was probably Mum asking if we have any milk left or something, I always tell her to write a list...
"Hello?"
"Hello." A deep voice came from the other end. My heart stopped for a second then began pounding in my chest. It didn't sound like my Dad. Maybe it was my Uncle? He always does silly voices on the phone.
"Who is this?" I asked, my mouth dry.
"That's the least of your concerns right now." The voice was cold and didn't sound anything like my Uncle. I bet it was one of my friends playing a trick on me, playing a recorded man's voice down the line?
"Who are you?" I repeated, my voice firm. I wasn't going to let it scare me.
"I'm running out of time so I'll get to the point. You know something that you shouldn't."
"I-I..." What was he talking about?

The note.

Oh god please don't be about the note please me a trick please...
"If you tell me what you read on the note no harm will come to you or your family." My family? Does he have my parents? Lily?
"I don't have a family I'm an orphan." I lied, trying to trick him.
"I know you're lying. Just tell me what you read and I'll leave you alone. And don't try calling for help for there will be consequences." Consequences? Oh god. What was I going to do?
"Why do you want to know anyway? Who are you?" I tried to keep him talking, heading to my front door to get ready to get help.
"Tell me what the note said."

I opened my front door and got ready to run but froze as I came face to face with a tall, dark haired man, holding a phone to his ear.
"I had hoped it wouldn't have to come to this." His voice was even colder in person. I opened my mouth to shout for help when in a swift movement he pressed cloth against my nose and mouth as a strong, weird smelling substance flooded my senses. I felt light headed my eyes closed drowsily as I fell into hard arms.
© Copyright 2011 R.A.W.R.B.O (r.a.w.r.b.o at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1805288-Eliza-Ruth-Teen-Detective-Chapter-2