*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1806065-A-message-from-your-Mirror
Rated: E · Poetry · Teen · #1806065
Just a little something I wrote for my neice. Putting it into my Women of Strength project
Whom do you see when you stare at me for so long? I can see the sadness in your eyes as you try to find the person hiding inside.

Whom do you see inside?

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What you see is different from what others see.

Who do you see inside?

At school, you are one person, a person neither of us recognizes.

Who do you see inside?

At church, you are a ray of light that shines bright.

Who do you see inside?

You think people see a shy girl who speaks too loudly. We see a girl desperate for the love of others.

Who do you see inside?

You say you see an awkward teenager about to enter a very scary world. You have hopes and dreams. Will you put them on hold as you search for the love that is within arm’s reach?

Who do you see inside?

I see a bright, smart girl who sometimes has difficulty paying attention. I see a loving and compassionate friend with an endless supply of smiles and hugs. I see someone who always has a kind word or an insecure question.

Who do you see inside?

I wish you could see the girl that I see. I see a girl who is loved by three special families and the entire church family.

I live for the day that you can see what I see staring at me each day.

Who do you see inside?
© Copyright 2011 Zoe Grace (mesiegweeks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1806065-A-message-from-your-Mirror