*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1806216-About-a-misunderstanding
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1806216
Two friends
It was a hot summer afternoon when Nelle and Sheila giggled over a hot cup of coffee. Both met after a week but, were talking to each other after seven months.

They worked as air hostess in BMS Airways for past three years but, were friends since the first time they met in the training academy, about five years ago. Nelle had stopped all communications with Sheila after a misunderstanding. Sheila tried her best to know the matter but, she was resolute. At last,even Sheila gave up hope.

They were giggling about  the day when their flight was caught in air turbulence. But, why they giggled about it. They had a near death experience. Well life is strange. It gives us everything when we feel hopeless on losing it all.

Nelle's live-in x boyfriend for two years was the pilot on the deck. Seven months ago,Ben asked Nelle to empty the apartment ,as he felt that he loved someone else.Nelle was completely broken. She didnot know what to do , where to go. But, she moved out without a word when she heard Ben proposing Sheila.Nelle turned cold and served all contacts with Sheila.

Nelle had just served coffee to both the pilots when the turbulence began. Nelle's eye could not avoid the streak of lightning amongst the the dark grey clouds, as she shut the door to the pilots cabin. Her heart skipped many beats as the plane headed nose down. There was turmoil . All the passengers panicked. As an air hostess the were trained to remain calm in such situation but, her heart feared a worst situation.

After a minute or so the jerks stopped. She looked around and saw Sheila. Nelle's heart did not melt even in that situation. She was so deeply hurt.

Sheila had warned her about Ben earlier.Ben was a ladies man and often tried to flirt with Sheila. Sheila knew that he was not true to Nelle. But, Nelle's eyes were stuck with tapes of love.

Nelle turned around to answer a call.



Everyone on board were restless. Both the air hostesses tried to  keep each and everyone on board, calm.

The turbulence continued.



The plane was flapping like a feather in the sky. The pilots were trying their best to get out of it. But,nothing seemed to work. All communications got cut.

Here was a sound of thunder and there was a streak of lightning ,in a never ending row. The black clouds were moving as if,a monster was opening his mouth to devour the plane.

Suddenly, an announcement came that one me the engines of the plane had halted. The passengers lost all hope and started to make their last prayers.

Sheila stood in the front while Nelle was at the rear of the plane. Their eyes met again. This time Nelle made a move."Are you guys doing well?"

Sheila "What are you saying? "

"I mean you and Ben "said Nelle.



Sheila, " Are you mad. He proposed to me but, I denied . I could never steal your boyfriend. But,wait a minute you thought I did so? "



Nelle was shocked. She was ashamed , she could not speak. She closed her eyes and held her head from one hand. She pierced her hips as if, in great sorrow.

Sheila " Ok . Now I get it . Ben willing did so to drift us apart."Nelle got excited and wanted to dash into pilots cabin but, Sheila deterred her, "If we are out of this Ben will have a lesson of his life. "

The storm inside had subsided but, the storm outside continued for another  twenty minutes.

Nelle and Sheila both attended and comforted the passengers with renewed sense of service. Every time their eyes met their eyes got wet. The plane landed  safely. All the passengers thanked and appreciated the crew members.

Ben and his co pilot descended from the plane. Nelle and Sheila followed. Ben's eyes fell on both of them. He turned pale. He twisted his lips into a O and breathed out. He started moving. To their great amazement their eyes fell on Debra, another air hostess. She was waving at Ben. There was a glitter in their eyes. They both knew what to do next.

He went into the airport cafeteria were he sat with Debra . Nelle approached them. She smiled to Debra and continued " Darling this time will have to come over. I want to re live all the moments of our past. Ben was shocked. Before he could say anything Sheila came up. Sheila" Ben are you on for Paris flight. Hope to see you in La Marilak"She have him peck on his cheek, winked and moved away.Nelle, " What is this ? Are you double timing us?" Ben saw Debra's heated up expression. "Baby I can explain . They are just friends. Probably, they are up to some kind of a prank."

Debra got up and started to leave."Please stop. I can explain, "said Ben. Ben followed her and held her hand. Debra pushed him. He tried again to calm her down. But, this time Debra lost her patience and slapped him and slapped him real hard. He persisted. She tried to push him aside and Ben toppled over the luggage of some passenger. She moved forward. He got up quickly and ran behind her. He took her in his arms.Debra struggled to free herself. On seeing this, a tall handsome,well built guy came to her rescue. He pulled Debra towards him and gave Ben a blow on his face. Two of Ben's teeth came out like coins from the automatic trailer machine . He than sat on the floor quitely. Debra exited his life with a string of slangs.

Nelle was on bed for a week due to high temperature and so, she couldnot see Ben's new look with the silver teeths. The glitter in Nelle's eyes could not be missed when Sheila told her about it (and that she had got Nelle, Ben's close up photograph,in the red bag),on a hot summer afternoon,over a cup of coffee and they started giggling.(1008words)
© Copyright 2011 barkhakariwala (kariwalabarkha at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1806216-About-a-misunderstanding