*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1807052-Younger-Sibling-chapters-1-4
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1807052
My sister and I aren't normal siblings, but we seem to get along really well.
Chapter 1

"Hey, I haven't seen you around here before who are you?" Some kid asked me on the way home from school.



"My name's Anthony I just moved here." I said.



"Cool, my names John." He said.



"Nice to meet you, but I have to go I'll see you later." I said.



"Hey I got nothin to do you wanna hangout at your place?" John asked.



"Um no sorry you cant come over." I said walking away.



"Alright then talk to ya later." He said.



I walked into my house and didn't hear anything so I assumed that no one was home. "Wow, no one's home that's a first." I said.



"Nope you're stuck with me." Amanda said walking out of her room. Amanda was my younger sister, She was a 5' 2" cat furry. She looked like a person with yellow fur, she also had claws a tail, and a cat-like nose and pointed ears on her head. She also had long hair on her head like a normal girl would. She was 13 years old but we both got along really well, mostly because her being different made it really difficult for her to make friends and I didn't like to talk to anyone that made fun of her. "Where are mom and dad?" I asked.



"They went to the store." She said.



"Why didn't you go with them?" I asked.



"You know I don't like like going out." She said.



"Well you can't hide in the house forever." I said.



"You're right, want to go for a walk in the woods?" She asked.



"Fine but not for too long." I said.

She got boots on and came outside. Behind our house were woods that we hadn't been in before, so they I was a little worried of what might be in there. Amanda however wasn't, the only reason she didn't want to go alone was that if we happened to find anyone in there she would have me to defend her if they made fun of her. I really didn't mind spending time with her, especially since I really didn't have any friends other than her.

While we were walking I remembered the night that I had found her. I was 3 years old and it was back when we lived in California. I was playing outside and it was getting late, I saw a light and being a curious 3-year old I decided to walk toward it. When I got to the base of the light it dissapeared. I began to walk away but I heard something following me, it looked to me like a regular yellow cat and it began to follow me.



"Kitty!" I said to it.



"Kitty?" It said back.



I wasn't surprised that she said something back because I've never really seen a cat before. My parents didn't like pets but they never told me that. So I started talking to it, but all it could do was repeat me. I started to play with her and she we were having fun until it got dark. Even at 3-years old I knew to be home by dark. As I started on my way home she followed me and I was happy to take her with me. When I got to my house my parents were not happy that I had brought home a cat. They tried to shoo her away but she refused to move. My mother picked up the cat and was going to take it away.



When I saw that she was taking my new friend away I shouted, "Mommy where are you going?"



"Mommy!" The cat said. My parents were shocked and my mother almost threw the cat away.



They were really surprised but they were also fascinated. They decided to keep her, and I couldn't be happier. My parents didn't want any chance of the cat getting sick or anyone else sick so they took it to the vet the next day to get its shots, but when they asked the vet wasn't sure what kind of cat it was and they didn't want the vet to think they were crazy so they didn't say anything about it talking. Before they came home they tried to get the cat to talk in the car but it didn't want to say anything, not even a 'meow'. She only seemed to want to repeat things that I said. I would say "talk!" and so would she, my parents were puzzled at this but they did not want to get any media involved because they didn't want the publicity. For the first few months she was treated as a cat just like any other. After a few months though she began to walk on two legs and her paws becan to look moore like hands and feet. When my parents had noticed this they took her back to the vet and asked again what kind of cat she was, but all he had to say was, "Not one i've ever seen before." My parent decided to pay for DNA testing to find out what kind of cat she was. It was expenseve but they wanted to know since this cat was starting to look more and more like a little girl.



A week later the doctor called the house and told them that they had never seen anything like her, her DNA was 75% human and 25% cat. This gave her the whole structure and a brain like a human but cat-like features. The doctors told my parents that since she was turning out to be more like a human than a cat that she should be treated like a human. My parents were so confused and astounded at the same time. They told the doctors that she sounded like she could talk and told them that she repeated things that I said. The doctors said that they weren't surprised and that my parents should teach her how to speak just as they would a human child, and that thy should make me understand that i should learn to treat her like a sister. It was difficult for my parents to adjust but I was young and I just listened to what my parents said. Amanda learned to speak, read, and write just like any other kid, however there were a few problems. Since she wasn't really human other parents did not want their kids playing with her. As she got older kids made fun of her a lot.

Amanda and I grew close and my parents could tell even when we were young. Once when she was four and I was six we were walking with my mother and some kid that looked about my age came up to her and started laughing. Both me and Amanda got mad, I pushed the kid down and he got up and pushed me back when Amanda saw this she went up to the kid and used her claw to scratch him on the arm. It left a big mark on the kid and he started crying. The mother of the kid was mad but my mother apoligized and they were alright. As I got older I still teased her like any older brother would, but I had to be sure not to go too far. One time I did though, she had accidentally broken one of my video games and I called her a furry freak. She got really mad at me and she scratched me all over with her claws and i knew that I deserved it but I was sorry and did apoligize to her. Even now, every now and then I would tease her, but as we got older she didn't mind as much because she knew I didn't mean anything by it. I couldn't believe that even 12 years later I could still remeber that day so well, at least most of it. The rest my parents reminded me any time I asked.



Now, she was thirteen years old and acted just like any other teenage girl, but one who was shy and didn't like to leave home. I understood that she didn't want to be seen much but she had to go oustide every now and then, which os the other reason I didn't mind going for a walk with her, even if it was in the woods, it was still outdoors.





Chapter 2
"You know, we don't know these wood well, we shouldn't go too far." I said.



"Why do you always worry about everything?" Amanda asked.

I ignored her question and kept walking. While we were walking we heard a river near by. When we saw it I sat down by a rock while Amanda kept walking toward it. "You gonna go fishing?" I asked her.



"Hey at least I could catch a fish if I tried, unlike you." She said.



Before we moved there was a lake by where we lived. We tried going fishing a couple times but I was terrible at it. Amanda on the other hand could catch fish with just her claws. She enjoyed fishing but I just didn't have the patience to sit there and wait for fish to bite. Back in our old house Amanda didn't mind going out as much because people were used to her being there, but there was still the occasional kid going "Mommy, what's that?" and pointing at her. She said she didn't mind when the mother would apoligize (if she did) but I knew that it still hurt her a bit. There was also the nasty older kids that would make fun of her, she couldn't really do anything about them and if there were enough of them neither could I. When there was only one or two of them bothering her I would stand up to them.



"Can we go now?" Amanda asked me while I was busy thinking about the past.



"Alright, are we going back to the house?" I asked her.



"Do we have to?" she asked.



"Well as long as you remember the way home, we can go further." I said. "Besides I thought you didn't like going outside."



"I don't like to go outside where there are people, and yea I can get us back home later." She said. As we were walking I started to notice that Amanda was walking a little funny.



"Amanda are you feeling ok?" I asked.



"Yeah I'm fine, just a little headache." Amanda said.



"Maybe we should go back now, come on." I said.



"Oh, but I'm going to be bored at home, nothing to do there." Amanda said.



"I'm sure we can find you a ball of yarn to play with at home" I said laughing.



"Wow, how original." She said.



As we walked back to the house Amanda's walking started to look more and more like she was gonna fall over. I don't know if she didn't notice or she just didn't want to stop but she didn't even slow down. I looked at her and could event tell from her eyes that she was starting to feel weaker. I asked her if she wanted to me to carry her home but she said she'd rather walk. Eventually she fell over. I couldn't really tell if she had a fever or anything so I just picked her up and started to carry her home. Since we were walking for a pretty long time we were pretty far from home. As I kept walking I felt like Amanda kept getting heavier, I started to get tired so I put her down stiting up against a tree in a clearing. I sat down against another tree facing her and hoped that she would be ok.



Amanda was always noticably shorter than me but when I looked at her she looked taller than me. I figured that it was nothing. I knew I was wrong when she started to grow even bigger. At first it was slow and steady but as she got bigger she grew faster. It was a good thing that we were still pretty deep in the woods so no one was around to see her like this. Amanda kept getting bigger and bigger until she looked to be about a hundred feet tall. I was in shock but the first thing that popped into my head was that I knew I wouldn't be able to carry her any further, I walked up to her boot and saw that the sole was easially twice my size. As I absorbed the fact that my little sister was now a giantess I also noticed that she started to wake up.



"A-Anthony? What happened?" Amanda asked.



"Um-nothing just don't move ok?" I said.



"Why, whats going on?" She asked. "Why are you so small?"



"I'm not small, you're really, really big." I said.



"I can barely hear you. You need to come up here." She said while reaching down for me.



"No-" was all I could get in before I felt the tips of her claws on either side of me. She gently picked me up off the ground and slowly held me at her eye level.



"Amanda, please don't drop me, just put me in the palm of your other hand." I said really nervously.



"Ok calm down, I'll be as gentle as possible." Amanda said. As I was still between her claws I looked down and saw how high I really was it was unbelievable. Amanda set me down on her palm and it was like being on the grass bcause of her fur. "So, what do we do now?" she asked me.



"I don't know, should we go home?" I asked her.



"No we can't!" She shouted.



"Arghh my ears, Amanda you have to be quiet." I said.



"Why we are in the middle of the forest no one is around here." She said.



"You are a hundered feet tall now, I'm betting that your voice travels a lot farther now, and my ears are hurting real bad now." I said.



"Oh, sorry bro." She said.



"It's alright although now we are gonna need a lot more yarn to keep you entertained now..." I said. I saw that she was starting to get really upset. "I didn't mean to make you upset, are you ok?"



"No, it's not you." She said



"Then what is it?" I asked.



"Well I was already thought to be a freak because I wasn't human but now I'm a giant and can't even hide in my house." She said with tears coming down her eyes.



"You know, no one will bother you for being different if you are this big, they'd be too scared of you." I said.



"Thanks for trying but you aren't helping that much." She said. "I just really with I was at least normal sized." As she said that I felt really bad that there wasn't a thing I could do to help her. I was thinking of anything that could help but my mind was blank and she was too upset to think of a solution. While I was sitting there I started to notice that her hand didn't look as big as it did a moment ago. It was shrinking, only problem was that I was still sitting on it.



"Amanda! Put me on the ground, your shrinking!" I shouted to her. It took her a few seconds to wipe her eyse with her free hand, but when she did she bent down and laid her hand on the floor for me to get off. I was actually happy that her hand had fur on it because it made it easy to climb down. Even though she was shrinking her hand was still bigger than most cars and her fingers were like tree trunks. When I looked back at Amanda's face she looked so happy to be going back to normal size. The shrinking happened the same way as the growing, it started slow and got faster with time.



When Amanda was finally back to her original height of 5' 2" she ran up to me and gave me a big hug. I was glad to see her so happy but I was somewhat scared of her now. "Hey Amanda, can you hold out your hand?" I asked.



"Um sure, but why?" She said.



"I just want to see something." I said. She did as I asked and held out her hand. "How is it that not even ten minutes ago I was sitting in this hand and it was the size of a truck?"



"I'm just glad it's over." she said.



"We don't know that for sure. Maybe we should tell someone." I said.



"No, please don't! I don't want anyone else finding out about this. Promise me you won't tell anyone?" She asked.



"Alright, I wont say anything, but don't go off and grow again ok?" I said.



"I'll do my best." She said as we walked back to the house.




Chapter 3
As we walked home I started to worry about what would happen if Amanda grew inside the house and destroyed it, or if she accedentally hurt someone. It was strange to think of her as a giant but I was there, in her hand a few minutes ago. On the way home Amanda was fine, she didn't feel weak at all anymore and I was glad. When we got closer to the house we saw our parents unloading groceries from the car. They saw us and our mother asked where we were for the past hour or so. We told them that we were in the woods and she asked if anything interesting happened. Amanda and I looked at each other and she told them that nothing happened. They both wnt inside but Amanda told me to stay outside with her for a second.



"You were going to tell them!" she said.



"No, but even if I was they are our parents, they should know." I said.



"It's my problem, not yours so don't say anything." She said.



"It's not just your problem it affects everyone. Like if you were to grow inside you could accedentally hurt someone." I said.



"Well I don't want anyone else knowing, I can tell when its about to happen, if it were to happen again." She said.



"You can?" I asked.



"Yeah, it's a strange feeling but I think can tell when its there. Besides you promised you wouldn't tell anyone." she said.



"Well I did promise, but still, if it gets worse I'm going to say something." I said. I felt bad for her that she would have something else to make her feel different but if it did get worse someone needed to know.



"Fine, but lets go inside I smell dinner almost done." She said. I couldn't smell anything, but I knew that her sense of smell was better than mine. We walked inside to see what was for dinner and saw it was fish. Amanda was espcially happy and it was no suprise, her being part cat and all. We ate and walked upstairs to our rooms. Amanda asked me to come to her room for a minute. I followed her down the hall to her room and she sat down on her bed and told me to sit on the chair. I asked what she wanted because I was tired and wanted to go to sleep. Amanda put her foot upp on my lap and asked me if I would rub her feet for her since they were a bit sore from the walk.I really didn't want to because her feet did smell from being in boots for a long time but I thought, why not. So I sat there for about fifteen minutes rubbing her feet. She had pawpads on her feet but unlike pets they were soft because she wore shoes all the time. She didn't have to but she wanted to to make her look just a bit more like everyone else. If she hadn't worn shoes all the time they would be harder so I was glad that she did. I always wondered why she had pawpads on her feet but not her hands but I didn't ask her because I didn;t think she'd really know.



"Can I stop now, I want to go to bed." I asked.



"Yeah and thank you, it was really nice of you." She said. She gave me a hug and I left the room. It felt nice to help her but now my hands smelt like her feet so I stopped at the bathroom to try and get the smell off. After I got back to my room lied down on my bed and instantly fell asleep.




Chapter 4
That night I had a hard time sleeping. I kept having this strange dream. I dreamt that I was in a very large room and that it had giant furnitrue just as any other room would have but at a much larger scale. I was on the ground under a desk and sitting at the desk was Amanda, only she was a giantess again. At first I thought she didn't notice me under the desk so I called up to her. She looked down at me but didn't say anything, then she raised her foot over me and lowered it slowly I was scared then more than I'd ever been before. When her foot was completely covering my body she positioned it so that my head was between her toes. Amanda began to apply pressure and it started to hurt really bad. I was scared out of my mind but I couldn't do anything under the pressure she was putting on me with her foot. She opened her mouth to say something and right then I woke up to Amanda shaking me. It turns out that I was mving around a lot while I was sleeping and since my door was cracked open Amanda saw me as she walked by.



"Are you ok?" She asked.



"Uh-yeah, I'm fine now." I said.



"What were you dreaming about? You were moving so much I thought you were jumping on the bed." She asked.



I really didn't want to tell her because I was kind of embarrased. "It was nothing, just a bad dream." I said.



"Well anyway you'd better get up or your going to be late for school." She said.



"You should go to school too, It's probably more fun than homeschooling." I said.



Amanda looked away and said, "I've been thinking about it but I'm not sure."



"Why not give it a try?" I asked.



"Anthony, you know how people are. They won't like me there." She said.



I knew what she meant, I never really had many friends in school and before we moved people used to other me because they knew about Amanda. I always defended her and people made fun of me for it, but I didn't let it bother me.



"Fine then, but I have to go now so I'll see you later." I said. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom to take a shower then went to walk to school. We didn't live to far away so I told my parents that I would be alright with walking to school. On my way to school I saw John again.



"Hey, whats up?" John asked.



"Tired, you?" I asked.



"Same, I hate how school starts this early." He said.



We walked into the school but went to out seaporate classes. All throughout the day I couldnt get the image out of my head of Amanda crushing me under her giant foot. I was also really curious of what she would've said if the real Amanda hadn't woken me up when she did. Even at lunch I wasn't hungry.



"Hey why are you so out of it today?" John asked.



"I told you I'm tired, I didn't get much sleep last night." I said.



"Alright, if you say so." He said. I threw out my tray and walked to my next class. I always hated how school was the same routine every day, class after class. I started to think how it must be for Amanda, she stayed home all day and a teacher came to teach her. At least I saw other people but she only saw that teacher because our parents worked most of the time. Although I understood why she liked it better than coming to school every day. When school was finally over I started walking home while talking to John.



"So I guess I'll see you tommorow?" I said.



"Yeah see ya." He said and I walked towards my house. When I got in my house I sat down on the couch and turned on the tv. I wasn't surprised when Amanda came down and sat down next to me. She looked happier than usual.



I asked her, "What are you so happy about?"



"I could show you, If you wanted." She said.



"Alright then, show me." I said.



"Okay, but you'll have to follow me." She said.



"Fine." I said. Amanda started walking to the the backdoor and I followed. She went outside withoug putting any shoes on, and since I didn't take my shoes off I just kept walking with her. Amanda looked back at me and then out of nowhere started sprinting into the woods. I was surprised but I started running after her. I knew that I wouldn't be able to catch her as she was faster than me, but I kept running after her. After running for about seven minutes I ran into something really big. When i got up I looked at what I ran into and immediatly knew what it was. It was a really big version of one of Amanda's toes.

I stared at Amanda's giant foot for a minute before amanda picked me up with her claws and put me in the palm of her other hand. Amanda sat down and I asked, "Amanda, did you do this on purpose?"


"Yeah." She said.


"How?" I asked.


"Well today about an hour or two before you came home, I got hungry so I was walking around the house looking for something to eat. I got something out of the fridge and went to get a plate. You know how the cabinet is kind of high up for me? Well I reached up for a plate and found that I was able to grab one with no trouble. I figured that I started growing again so I ran outside. When I got out there though, it stopped. So I was standing outside confused and I got a little upset that I ran outside for nothing and thought that if I was going to grow again then now would be a good time to do it. As I thought that I started growing again." She explained.


"So you can just grow and shrink anytime?" I asked.


"I guess, but I've only tried it again once, to show you." She said.


"Well be careful ok? We don't need you breaking the house." I said a little nervous.


"You aren't scared of me are you?" She asked.


"What do you mean?" I asked.


"You look kind of nervous." She said.


"Well, you are pretty big, and it wouldn't take much for you to hurt me, so I am a little scared ." I admitted.


"I'm still your little sister, you know I wouldn't hurt you." She said.


"Well maybe not intetionally." I said.


"I'm pretty careful with you." She said.


"Well don't worry, I'm starting to get used to the idea of you being a giantess."


"Giantess?" She said.


"Yeah, a female giant." I explained


"Oh, ok." She said.


"Let's go back home alright?" I asked.


"Sure." She said as she put the hand that I was in on the ground for me to get off. Amanda quickly shrank down, and I was glad to see her at her original height. "So, should I call you little brother now?" she asked.


"I'm a few inches taller than you." I reminded her.


"Well right now you are, but not a few minutes ago when you were sitting in my palm." She said.


"But I'm taller than you right now, so you can't." I said.


"Oh, alright." She said. "But next time I'm big I'll remember to refer to you as my little brother."


"That's fine with me." I said.
© Copyright 2011 MicroWolf5 (microwolf5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1807052-Younger-Sibling-chapters-1-4