*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1807353-Eleventh-Dress
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1807353
There's something fishy on 11/11/11.
On November 11, 2011 Viv's granddaughter decided to have a wedding. So that morning she decided to go shopping around for a wedding dress. She drove up to the Pun-Hall Mall in Smoothie, Alabama to pick out her wedding dress. This mall was shaped like a hot dog and built out of red bricks. Cars filled the parking lot during rush hour. Of course the mall was busy all day long. Dark clouds rolled in as she entered that mall. There was Pizza Hut, Pet City, Hobby Lobby, McDonalds, and more as she walked down to Fashion Galore.

"Hello, how may I help you?" the store manager greeted her.

"I am looking around for a wedding dress. Do you have some shiny ones?"

"Certainly, all the way to the back of this shop."

Venturing to the back of the shop she found all the shiny dresses that would work for the wedding. Especially the shiniest one looked the best. She glanced at her watch and saw that it was only 11:10 a.m. She went over and picked up the dress to try it on. All of a sudden the ground shook violently and the lights went out- just a minute after she checked the time.

Oh no, where is my wedding dress? she frantically realized it was no longer in her hands. She rummaged around on the floor then checked her watch. It hit 60 seconds and changed to 11:12 a.m. The lights returned. All the dresses disappeared. She cried.

"Oh dear, that joker must be playing that practical prank again," she heard a familiar voice say close by her. It was the store manager.

"I need a wedding dress please. My wedding is today," she said.

"Well, this one should work for now. Just go on and enjoy your wedding," he handed her a long, black silky dress that sparkled in the light.

"Thank you so much!" Viv's granddaughter skipped out of the mall hugging her wedding dress. Maybe she will have the wedding after all.

Word Count: 339
© Copyright 2011 Angelica- House Florent B & W (dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1807353-Eleventh-Dress