*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1807420-Love-Lost
Rated: E · Short Story · Writing · #1807420
A short story on my experience with love-comments and criticism greatly appreciated.
‘Hey Taylor’ I smiled and waved.
‘Oh, hey there you are Emi’ he replied. ‘Hey bet you'll never guess who just asked me out for prom!’
‘Ummm... I don’t know, who?’ I asked as I awkwardly held the bear hidden behind my back.
‘Bryce! She broke up with Diego and asked me out!’ he said and beamed happily.
‘Oh, that’s great!’ I faked a smile and started to back away, ‘Hey I actually have to go, just wanted to say hi.’ Not turning, I quickly backed away then turned and almost ran away when he asked “Wait-what’s that?”
Knowing he was to far away to see it properly I lied “It’s nothing. Just a toy I picked up for the kids I baby-sit”
“Cool, see you!” he replied.
Turning the corner I slid down the wall behind me and sobbed, looking at the small bear holding a note with Taylor’s name. I knew that inside it would read ‘Go to prom with me?’
Still sobbing I looked at the boy who I had always loved, and was about to lose. And to the girl who claimed to be my best friend forever. Crying softly I looked down at the tear stained bear and note and made a choice.
Wiping my eyes and standing up I checked to make sure nobody could tell I had just been crying then ran back to Taylor.
‘Taylor! TAYLOR!’ I yelled
Turning around he saw me and waved then came over, “I thought you said you had to go,” he said jokingly.
I smiled at him and said “I do, but I wanted to give this to you,” and held out the small white bear.
He looked at it, confused. “Isn’t this for the kids you baby-sit?’
“No, I lied. Its for you.” I said softly then walked away.
As I walked away I started shaking and turned around the first corner I came to, sat down, and cried some more.
© Copyright 2011 Broken Forever (brokenforever at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1807420-Love-Lost