*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1807709-The-Museum
Rated: E · Fiction · Mystery · #1807709
in the excerpt, a college girl goes to local museum and find a mysterious portrait.
Inside the museum Aditya was waiting for them. He gave a simulated smile to Prof. Sharma and began listing rules of the museum to students. His bulky body and stern voice made clear that he is not going to tolerate any infringement or misbehavior.



shreya's group strolled near the portrait and painting column. She was enticed by a portrait of a crying girl outside a cottage. She was alone, her gray eyes looked like her own; they were showing scare and insecurity.



Shreya thought of her own life, it was not different from the girl in the portrait. she was also afraid and scared, insecure about her family. The frequent altercation at home made her sulky and introspective.



She stared the portrait with profound attention and suddenly realised that she stood near the same cottage. A bright light illuminated the cottage. It was a dark night, the howling wind and lightening alarmed a coming tempest. The deadly streams in the sea screaming, yelling to ingest all that is living.



A banging sound confounded shreya. she looking back and saw the cottage door open with a blow of ghastly wind. She wondered what was inside the cottage! she shuddered but curiosity to know what was inside the cottage forced her to  step in. The cottage was instilled with brightness; a brightness that she had never experienced before. she wandered in the cottage, it was empty, not even a single furniture was there. She wondered why was the cottage made, if no one lived here and where from this divine light coming when she heard that familiar voice. 



"Hay Shreya! Come on! everyone has moved ahead.What are you looking so attentively in this grim portrait?"



Shreya looked back, her friends were waiting for her, desperate and agitated. shreya once again casted a glance at the portrait and tottered towards her group.
© Copyright 2011 horrorine (abhisheksuneri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1807709-The-Museum