*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1808736-California-Sunset
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1808736
California is a Romantice, exciting journal of a girl named Adela
California Sunset
By: Bryce Haase
Its wasn’t long ago when I found out I had to leave my beloved country of France to movie to California. I know what Americans are like, greedy, fat, and rude. My name is Adela, I’m 13 years old and maybe I can learn to…. No I will never love America especially California! I wish my mom didn’t have to move there for her job as a realtor she thinks we need a “new beginning” maybe for her, but not for me! I have to leave my family, friends, and everything I know behind and learn this new and extremely hate able culture. Now instead of Private school I have Public school the schools name is Gold Coast Junior High were the girls are meaner and the teachers are lazier. My first day of school is so confusing; all the buildings were labeled in weird ways. At my old school it was just one huge building with 2 floors 1 of them is 7th graders and 1 is 8th Graders it’ was so simple! Plus this school is outdoors, one good thing about California is the Beach. I have always dreamed of a Sunny Beach that I could surf and play in all day everyday. Plus the weather is so beautiful that’s why I guess it’s an outdoors school. When I was walking down the halls to 5th Hour I was approached by this girl named Megan Silfonski she was the typical all American skinny girl blonde hair and bright blue eyes. I will admit she is very beautiful but the rudest American I have met, I guess guys in California only care about looks that’s why she so popular. She Came up to me and slammed me straight into my locker and said “Look at the stupid French bitch, I guess it’s true everyone from French is ugly” I was stunned my first day and I already have a bully. I decided that’s it! Im not going to be a pushover im going to stand my ground! “There’s no country called French its France! And I guess what they say about California girls is true there rude, dumb and don’t even look as good as they think!” I know the last part about not looking as good as they think wasn’t true but it was in the heat of the moment. Everyone froze, apparently nobody ever stand ups to Megan she replies “Who the fuck do you think your talking to bitch?” I froze not knowing what to say, she said “That’s what I thought” that night I try to explain to my parents about how much I hated the school they just shook there heads and said “You need to adapt and make new friends” the next day I avoided Maddie until p.e when she saw me go and change into a bathroom stall instead she decided to dump a bottle of colon in my locker and on my brand new clothes stained the underarm area yellow. I put my cloths on wondering why they smelt like that they realized what she had done and said to myself “I don’t have any more clothes!” As days passed I was secretly plotting my revenge with my new best friend named tiffany who was a stereotypical American but a nice one. I finally came up with revenge there’s a boy in our 5th Hour named Matt Blonde hair, blue eyed, beautiful guy who was actually the nicest guy ive ever met he’s so nice to me. I decide to really hurt her; I started flirting with Matt in 5th Hour the next day he asks me out! The look on Maddies face was so satisfying I had a smirk. I guess Maddie finally gave up on trying hurting me for being the new exchange student. Matt took me out to Laguna Beach, my dream place where we watch a Beautiful California Sunset.
© Copyright 2011 BrycesSongsandPoems (poetrybybryce at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1808736-California-Sunset