*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809338-What-of-Religion
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Channa
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Tragedy · #1809338
Nimi and Punjab share a beautiful daughter-father relationship.
Nimi was just twelve years old when Punjab left town to find work.He never returned back.

She was thirty eight years now and was divorced twice.She found that men would always leave you when they find something bigger and better. Nashto,her first husband left her for a school teacher."A school teacher who taught alphabets to kindergarden kids"she thought with a snort.Sujan was a bank clerk and married her two years after Nashto had left.He said Nimi was unsupporting when he wanted to open a cafe in the neighbourhood."What can you earn by opening a cafe?"She would say."I cannot sit beside the oven and wait for the buns to be baked,It's too tiring".she would add.



Punjab was the only man she ever loved in her entire life,her father."Punjab,why are you named so?"she would ask him."My mother wanted to give birth to me in Punjab in India,but i was born here before she could go there.So she gave me this name"he would explain patiently to his daughter.
© Copyright 2011 Channa (aaru at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809338-What-of-Religion