*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809384-Our-Generation-needs-to-change
Rated: E · Essay · Personal · #1809384
Our generation needs change.
My Generation is one of a rebellious nature. We like trouble; we crave to be bad for the attention. We strive to be “cool”. When really “cool”, is just being who you are and not a fake. What is wrong with our generation?

We don’t want peace, well some do but what I see every day is but a small piece of a larger picture and if we put the picture together it would be a picture that horrifies us and shows us how horrible the world we live in is.

Most crave violence and vengeance but what we don’t understand the effects that it has upon us later in life.

I know myself I’ve been passing life by doing what I can get away with, which is the least possible thing. I want to help. I want a cause to fight for. I stand for those who have no home, those who are starving day in and day out with no place to go.

I want peace upon nations and upon those souls who are restless. I say we be free and live in one nation. I say we rise to meet the standards of those who look down at us, those have told you that you are nothing. Be the person to prove them wrong. YOU ARE SOMETHING! BELIEVE IN YOUSELF. You are everything, you just have to believe.

I want the world to be one , I feel for the people that tell us we’ll be nothing it make us that much rebellious, make us that much dumb because most give up rather than pushing on to fight the battle to rise above nothing. We get trapped in the dark when all we want to do is be in the light and let it shine upon our face. We get trapped in the memories and the words of people putting us down.
© Copyright 2011 Jessica Wilson (simplyjustjess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809384-Our-Generation-needs-to-change