*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809472-Polar-Beauty-Balfour
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by airkat
Rated: · Other · Teen · #1809472
Learn J.J.and Apolla as they struggle to create a relationship together as sisters.
Every time I try to stare at the sky it brings peace and light inside me. I wonder how many people are doing the same thing right now. The night sky was pitch black with illuminating stars looking back at me as I lay on the grass in our backyard. It wasn't so easy living in another city, away from your father. I tried to remember his deep but soothing voice, just like every night when he sings to me his favorite song, The Way You Look Tonight by Tony Bennett. It was just as calm as sea after a mighty storm.

I heard a twig snapped. Someone was coming towards me.

"J.J., Mom said dinner's ready." I looked up and saw Apolla with an irritated look on her face and her arms crossed.

"I'm not hungry." I replied in a monotone voice.

"Whatever. Suit yourself." She turned her back at me, walking back inside the house.

I sighed. I tried not to think about my friends back in L.A. I don't have to worry what other people thinks about me or the fact that I'm not as popular as Apolla but why is it that I'm afraid to face tomorrow. Is this what they called fear of the unknown? We just moved here in Calgary, Alberta and yes, it is miles away not just from another state but from another country.

Mom and Steven were planning this for a long time ever since they got married seven years ago. When Steven was promoted eight weeks prior, they saw it as an opportunity to move to another country. I see this not as opportunity but as an impending sign that I will less likely see my dad. He lives in San Francisco, California with his dog, Ranger. Yes, Steven is not my dad but my step-dad, nevertheless I respect him as much as he respects me. He's like a friend or an Uncle. He has a daughter from his first marriage and that is Apolla. Mom and Steven met in my school at a school play when I was in 3rd grade while Apolla was in 4th grade. Mom told me it was love at first sight while Steven told me he was entranced by my mother's sparkly personality and saw her as the most beautiful woman he ever laid eyes on. What a wonderful love story but seriously I'm happy that Mom's happy, it is simple as that but not as simple as living with Apolla.

You see, Apolla is the popular kid ever since I met her in a school play in my. She plays the princess while I play the flower behind her. You know those big flower card boards with a hole in the middle. Yes, I have that on my face while I sing a children's song.

Everybody loved her and praised her. She has this long shiny blonde hair, piercing navy blue eyes and a slender body. Some people says she's going to be a model with her long arms and legs. I also admired her beauty and elegance as they described her but as soon as we lived together. Every good things I thought about her were slowly falling and crashing into pieces.
© Copyright 2011 airkat (haru-haru at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809472-Polar-Beauty-Balfour