*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809738-Boyfriend
Rated: E · Fiction · Death · #1809738
What would you do if your boyfriend come alive just to spend special anniversary with you?
BOYFRIEND




Julia and Dean are on their way to go an ice-cream store nearby. They decided to buy one for Julian too as he has to stay back at school because of unfinished school project.



“Dean, do you have a girlfriend?” Julia asked.

Dean almost choked himself when he was eating ice cream. “I beg your pardon?”

“I ask you do you have a girlfriend?” Julia repeats her questions again.

“We’re not ready for serious relationships yet.” He replies.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“We’re more to close friends rather than act like couple. Why do you ask? Do you have someone you like?”

“Huh? Ye – yeah. It just probably one-sided love.” Julia admits.

“Who is it?”

“He’s a senior to me by difference one year.”

“Being friends with him first before you’re decided whether to like his as friend or more than that. Hey, I remember I’ve a story about this one.” Dean suddenly exclaimed.

“What story?” Julia asked with wide eyes.

“Horror story. I called it ‘Boyfriend’.” Dean smile.



         There was a girl named Madeline. She’s neither that pretty nor smart like any other girl does. She has freckles on her cheeks but when she started to smile, everyone feels secure with her genuine smile. One day, her best friend suddenly announced to her that she had a boyfriend. Madeline hurriedly congratulated her but deep in her heart, she also wants a boyfriend who is willing to care deeply for her and love her as herself.

         

On a one fine day, she was reading by herself at the library when a captain football team takes a sit in front of her. He was friendly and had this charming smile where a lot of girls fell in love for him but he’s not a playboy. He greets her and she greets him back. Both of them exchanged eyes contact and conversation. After a year they had has been friends, he proposed her to be his girlfriend. She accepts him whole-kindheartedly.



The news about their relationships spreading around the school and most of them are not happy about the news. Why must the prince choose ugly duckling to be his girlfriend? Madeline and his boyfriend doesn’t take the news seriously and continue their daily life with much happier.



It was their anniversary day and they have decided to celebrate it at a fancy restaurant. He wants to make it special so he called her to wait for him in the restaurant while he fetching the cake at nearby store.



“Let me guess, he doesn’t come back?” Julia interrupted.

“True. He doesn’t come back forever.” Dean replies.



         After an hour, she called his cell phone number but no one answered it. She was ready to search for him when he barging the door with slump face. She’s hugging him and kisses his cheek softly. She was so worried when he doesn’t come back but he doesn’t say anything or brings the cake with him. He only assured her with a faint smile. She wants to ask why does it take so long but she keeps silent and trying to be cheerful for their special day.

         

On the next morning, she went to school as usual but every girl had this frown face when she was passed them. She was wondering why so she asked one of them. They were very surprised when she’s act like nothing happen. They told her about her boyfriend has found dead at the back of the cake store when the manager wants to throw the rubbish. It was raining heavily that time so the body was drenched with wet and he’s badly injured. Madeline was gasped and can’t contain her tears from falling. They consoled her by patting her back softly but a question suddenly storming in her brain. Who is the man she celebrates with on their anniversary day? Who is the man she had kissed that night? She was pretty sure that was her boyfriend or exactly her dead boyfriend had visited her to make sure their anniversary was special. She’s very quite touched about that.



“Do you know the reason why his death?” Julia asks.

“Probably robbery. I don’t know about it.” Dean reply.

“He’s very concerned about her even though he was already dead.” Julia gives her opinion.

“So, make sure your future boyfriend alive. You don’t want to kiss the dead person, aren’t you?” Dean teases her.

“We’ll see about it.” Julia reply with her tongue stick out.

© Copyright 2011 syizi93 (syizi93 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809738-Boyfriend