*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809964-State-Title-Goes--To-New-Haven
by John T
Rated: E · Article · Sports · #1809964
.Anthony DeMaio takes home the light heavyweight State Title.
The Connecticut Light Heavyweight Amateur Boxing State Championship was held on Saturday, September 10th. The final bout came down to Michael Rodriguez, Stamford and Anthony DeMaio, New Haven. The outcome of the fight was incredible. DeMaio, who's only been boxing competitively for over a year took the title by unanimous decision. Rodriguez has been boxing competitivley for almost 7 years with an amateur record of 62-14. On the other hand, DeMaio's previous record of 10-0 comes with 5 of those bouts ending in brutal knockouts. Furthermore, back in april of this year, he won the annual Trinity Boxing Tournament. "He's well trained, he's in great shape and he doesn't blink until the bell rings", says Gleason's Boxing Gym owner Bruce Silverglade. "I think that he has a real shot to make it far".
DeMaio will be fighting for the New England Regionals on January 21st, 2012 at the Nonantum Boxing Club in Newton, Massechusetts.
© Copyright 2011 John T (johnt31 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809964-State-Title-Goes--To-New-Haven