*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1810836-A-Redheaded-Disaster
by Lana
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1810836
Who would of thought being on a train could end up like this?



“Hey Lady! Stop! I need your ticket. Hey, I’m talking to you.” The conductor fumed at the redhead dodging him.
She pushes through the crowded isle of newly boarded passengers, when one of them grabs her arm to stop her.

“Lemme go you idiot!" She squeals at the stranger.

She struggled and then slipped out of his grip and headed straight toward me. The conductor caught up to her, wrapped his uniformed arms around her waist, and lifted her up into the air screaming and kicking.
She wore red high-heeled shoes, a short black skirt and skimpy white top that was so tight you could tell the bra color.

“Put me down. You can’t do this. I have rights, I am a citizen.” she yelped while struggling to free herself.

“No. Yes, I can. And I could care less if you’re a citizen or not. Where is your damn ticket lady?” He huffed.

“It’s in my pocket you oaf. Lemme down ‘n I’ll give it to ya.” She continued, flailing and scratching at his arms.

“Fine Lady. But no funny business.” He said dropping her with a relieved sigh.

I watched as her hand darted into her shirt and produced a small gun. She pointed it at the conductor and smiled wickedly.

“You freekin move an I’ll blow yer’ head off. Ya understand? That goes for all of you too.”
She pointed the gun toward me first, then moved on to the other passengers.

“Do you understand?” She shouted, her wild red hair bouncing in unison with her words. She aimed the gun at the conductors head.

Fear exploded through his bulging eyes and his hands shot up in the air. He was breathing so hard I could hear it from where I was sitting.

“Yeah lady, I understand. I, I just work here, please lady it’s just my job. I got kids lady.” He pleaded with her.

A man next to me shook profusely. I noticed he was blind.

“It’s ok. Don’t worry about this. As long as we stay quiet she’ll leave us alone.” I whispered to him.

He nodded and focused on breathing evenly. The next thing I knew a person hit the ground before and appeared to be unconscious and bleeding. I stared at him for a moment and recognized him as the man who grabbed the woman earlier. The brave citizen.

Look where that got you Mr. Bravery. I thought.

I felt something cold pressed up against my temple. Then I saw Miss Reds knee coming toward my face. My teeth clattered against each other. She grabbed my hair and pulled my face up to face hers.

“You better make sure he stays down or the first bullet will be my present to you. Got it!” She said shoving my head against the window before returning to the conductor, who was now on his knees curled up in a ball.

I turned towards the blind man to make sure he was OK and saw him slumped over on another passenger. He fainted, but I watched his chest for the rise and fall to make sure. My attention was back on the crazy redhead. She was grabbing purses and brief cases, and tossing them around. She was looking for something.

She came across a pregnant Hispanic woman and her three children who were scared and crying. She pointed the gun at the littlest child. The mother screamed and moved in to protect her daughter. The redhead smacked her on the side of head with the pistol. The children screams reached the other side of the train. Their mother said a prayer and gathered her children close.

Miss Red had lost her mind and I was seriously thinking of praying myself. I wasn’t sure if anyone was going to survive today. We needed a miracle to get out of here.

The conductor tiptoed behind the crazy woman.

Bad move. I thought.

Instead of reaching for her gun, his arm stretched past her hand and pulled the emergency stop lever. The train immediately began screeching to a stop. The passengers held on to the metal handrails while the people in the isle fell into each other, including the redhead. She fell hard and the impact knocked the pistol out of her hand. The doors to the train opened and everyone flooded out not caring if they stepped on anyone lying on the floor.

I remained frozen in my seat, unable to will myself to move. I wonder if this is what being in shock is like? I mused about that until I heard the man at my feet moaning in pain. So, the Good Samaritan lives. I found that I could move now and joined the rest of the passengers fleeing from this horrific train ride. There was a line of cabs ahead and I jumped into one. Sliding whatever money was in my wallet through the glass, I told the cab driver the destination and slumped back in relief.

Minutes later, I stood in an empty parking musing at the events that had just occurred.

“What are you smiling about darling?” Her voice was smooth and sexy, like her long legs in that black skirt.

“Nice work baby! You had me going for a second. Did ya really have to hit that pregnant lady? Jeez babe.” I shook my head and walked towards my girl.

“You said create a distraction sweetie. Did you mean you wanted me to strip or something?” she said smirking while pulling the red wig off and shaking out her blonde hair.

“Did you get it? She asked.

“Of course I did. We’ll be rollin’ in the dough now baby.” I said sliding my hands around her waist.

Word count 955
© Copyright 2011 Lana (lana18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1810836-A-Redheaded-Disaster