*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1811267-Lucky
Rated: ASR · Preface · Family · #1811267
This is the preface for my story "Lucky," which Im currently working on.
    She stood gazing through her open window at the city light that shone in the distance, singing along to the song playing softly in her ears.
She's so lucky, she's a star
but she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart
thinking if there's nothing missing in my life
then why do these tears come at night?

    Yes, she was lucky. She was an Honor Roll student, her father worked hard so her family could live in the large suburban house, and her mother stayed at home to raise her and her little brother. She was naturally very pretty, and she got along well with everyone she met.
    She didn't go to sleep with the sound of her parents screaming at each other as her lullaby, she didn't wake up with tears in her eyes every morning, she wasn't withdrawn at school because she was afraid to make real friends, and she didn't break up with every boy she dated because she was terrified of getting hurt.
    There were also not any pills hidden in her underwear drawer, no cigarrettes stashed under her bed, no alcohol on the top shelf in her closet. There were no cuts on her pale, slender wrists. And there were no tears slipping down her cheeks as she softly sang along to the soundtrack of her life.
    At least, that's what the world thought.

© Copyright 2011 Ryanne Raven Starr (ryannestarr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1811267-Lucky