*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812068-Untitled
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Relationship · #1812068
Working draft of a story
Alicia tugged on the hem of her dress. She was nervous about going to the Grundy town barn dance. She'd never been to anything like that before. Come to think of it, she wasn't sure she'd ever actually been in a barn before. Plus, she wasn't going to know anyone. Except, of course the farmer and his wife, Joe and Colleen. She supposed that if it was terrible she could always leave, but she had promised Colleen and herself that she'd at least stop by. Besides, how else was she ever going to meet anyone in this city? She couldn't very well spend the whole summer alone in the little cottage she was renting from the farmer. Sure she had come here to write and relax, but a social life wouldn't hurt. She turned again in the mirror and tried to decide if she was properly dressed. She wished she had asked Colleen what people wore to this sort of thing. All she knew was that this was a major town event that only took place every couple of months. All of Grundy was sure to be in attendance since this was about as close to a night out on the town as it got in these parts. As Alicia grabbed her purse and locked up, she wondered again what she had been thinking when she'd decided to move here for the summer. She'd grown up in the suburbs of Cincinnatti. It was a city that she loved dearly. She had a beautiful little two bedroom apartment right off of Main Street now, where she could walk to almost everything. Nothing catastrophic had happened. Her parents still lived just outside of town. Her best friends were still back in Cincy, all living less than a 10 minute cab ride away from her place. There was no terrible ex boyfriend to run from, only a couple of fizzled romances and one mutual breakup, which had happened over a year ago. No, her only real reason was a sense of boredom and restlessness.
© Copyright 2011 Ruby Davis (tifferm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812068-Untitled