*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812312-Story-Of-Skipper
Rated: · Other · Animal · #1812312
just written thinking about kids
         Once up on a time there lived a bird named Skipper. skipper found himself left behind by the flock. He had been caught off guard by a wind storm, and fell to the ground. He had no way to get back into the sky because of injuring her wing.



         He stumbles through the tall grass of the field. The field seem to go on for ever. It was not too long until it started to rain. Where would she find a place to stay dry. Soon she finds a mushroom. He met a worm.



         "Please, don't eat me" begged the catorpillor.



         Skipper was hungry, but he knew how it felt to be without a friend or anyone to help him. "I will not eat you. You and I can share this shelter."

         

         The two spent the night under the mushroom fighting off the spray that the wind pushed around them. THey found themselves waking up together. The worm was comfrontably tucked into the little bird's wing. It was a surprise to both of them at first. THen they realized that they had survived the storm without a scratch.

         

         The bird leaves the worm feeling that he had made a friend. This was a nice way to make a friend, but he was still hungry and lost. He wondered farther and farther into the hay field. Then he sees a patch of clover. They were not what he was used to eating, but he thought that she would give it a try. Anything to curve this hunger pain.



         While scratching the ground to find what he could eat at the clover field, she seen a pair a shinning eyes looking back at her. She was startled.



         "My name is Bunny. My mom and dad have hopped too far away. They lead a hunter away so that I would not get hurt." said the tinny rabbit with tears in her eyes. The bunny reaches the bird a few seeds that she had found in the farm before the family was chased away.



         THe bird ate and ate. He decided that he would take the bunny with her to find their families. SO they picked clovers to take with them for later when they needed a bite.



         In the distance they could see a abanden barn. They decided to go there for shelter from the night and its dangers. Upon entering the barn, they saw a tiny fluffy rabbit.



         "Mom, Mom," said the tiny excited bunny. "Bunny is back."



         Then came a whole family of rabbits. Eight of them were the sibblings of Bunny. After the introductions Bunny's mother bandaged the wing of the little bird. She told him that she had seen a flock of birds that looked much like him. That one of them had a plastic ring stuck on its leg.



         Bird's heart raced and beat so hard inside his chest. He could not belive that the rabbits had seen his family. THey had decided to take the bird for the help that the bird had given their child.



         When they arrived to the site, the bird heard screaming. Then looked to see his mother, father, and brother. He had no times for hellos. He found that his brother was found trying to eat his little worm friend.



         "NO! this is my friend." All the family ran to his side to hear of the adventures that he had gone through to find them. The rabbits and birds introduced each other. Then the rabbits shared the clovers that Bunny had brought, and the birds shared the seeds that the rabbits had taken from the farm.



         The families stayed in the barn for many generations. They helped each other, and lived as a family. Though they were not the same, they learned how to help each other and protect each other.



         The birds patrolled the skies, and the rabbits knew if there was anything happening on the ground.



         Sometimes I feel like these little animals. I mean that I am in a strange place away from my family to create one from other people that are so different than the hill folk. I am used to fishing, but not for those of 100 lbs and such. I am sure that I would be the little rabbit, but I love the little bird. He used good judgment by not eating the worm.



         This is a happy ever after story.
© Copyright 2011 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812312-Story-Of-Skipper