*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812441-class-project
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Assignment · News · #1812441
criminal law and procedure news article review
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/2718520/women-glue-cheating-husbands-genit...

This is a paper I am submitting for class reviewing a new article regarding a crime which occurred in Wisconsin in July of 2009 wherein four women (one of whom was the man's wife) lured the cheating spouse to a hotel room, tied him to a bed and proceeded to use superglue to glue his private parts to his stomach. The paper is for a Criminal Law & Procedures Class. Any input is greatly appreciated.


The police officer can charge the offenders with any number of offenses wherein societal interest needed to be served. The offenders were charged with false imprisonment and the Judge has dropped those charges against one of the four accused because she did not participate and only stood by the door. One of the four is also charged with fourth degree sexual assault for actually performing the act whereas the other three stood by and watched.

My understanding of basic procedure is the officer has to establish a crime happened or a law was broken, he has to make an arrest, interrogate the person in custody, conduct a search and/or seizure, the person accused is then formally notified of the charges which involves an indictment by a grand jury or information filed by a prosecutor, then there is an arraignment where the accused enters a guilty or not guilty plea; only not guilty pleas require a trial. This offense should be prosecuted in courts of limited jurisdiction.

Sanctions that can be imposed include incarceration and/or monetary fines, probation and possibly restitution.
© Copyright 2011 TekBrat (tekbrat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812441-class-project