*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812771-A-Silly-Story
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1812771
A boy is given a travel machine, and he'll get more homework help that he bargained for...
A Silly Story



Sillius McSilly lived in Silly City, Sillyland, where the trees are blue and the sky is green. Sillyland was extremely silly. People ate dessert for breakfast, and wore socks on their hands. The used celery instead of pencils and wrote on ipads. Sillius McSilly liked school, and was excited when his English teacher gave him an essay to do on 'a silly world'. 

Sillius rushed home. But when he tried to write, he couldn't think of anything silly!

"Hmmmm. What is silly?" He thought during dinner.

"Silly?" Hie older brother, Sillybilly, asked. Oh yeah, they can read minds in Sillyland.

"Come with me, I'll show you!"

Sillius followed his brother to the garage. Inside, there was a small, wired machine.

"I've spent all my life savings on this beauty! It can teleport us to a different universe. You can take notes there and use them to finish your report."

Sillius and Sillybilly clenched the handles of the machine, as Sillybilly pressed the large red button on the side. They were transported through tunnels of neon colors, and experienced a black and white flashing lights.

They landed somewhere wet, smelly, and muddy.

"Where are we?!" spluttered Sillius.

"IN the sillysewers underneath a small village called 'New York City'." answered Sillybilly, reading the text on the teleporter's screen. 

Sillybilly found a drain and popped his head through. He climbed out and helped his punier younger brother up.

"Look!" exclaimed Sillios, gazing around in awe.

"These are the most silliest things I've ever seen!"



In this strange place,  Sillius and Silybilly encountered an assortment of ugly and unusual things. Awesome triangular hats left on the side of the road, people with windows on their eyes. These New York beings ate dogs!

Sillius was admiring a paralyzed green giant when Sillybilly grabbed his shoulder.

"Uh oh! Parallel universe coast guards, two o'clock!"

When Sillius failed to understand, Sillybilly frantically motioned to a group of men wear dark sunglasses and black uniforms.

The boys hurriedly looked round for an escape.

"I know! Try this." Sillybilly pulled a blue container out of his pocket.

"I spent your life savings on this invisibility cream!"

Sillius, a bit upset over all the chocolate-coated watermelon bites he could've got for that money, agreed and rubbed on the invisibility cream.

"Good, now-" Sillybilly's escape plan was interrupted by a large, mad yellow animal sped across the road, splashing water all over them and washing off their invisibility cream.

"Oi! You!" Yelled the parallel universe coast guard.

Sillius and Sillybilly ran towards their machine. Fortunately, they reached it in time, and were safely transported to the safe haven of their garage.



Sillius sadly walked home from school the next day.

"How did you do?!" interrogated Sillybilly.

"Well..." sniffed Sillius "Well..."

"WELL!!??" shouted Sillybilly, growing inpatient.

"96%... Forgot to write the date!" wept Sillius.

Now that's silly. 

© Copyright 2011 Jemeema (skitzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812771-A-Silly-Story