*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1813829-A-Girl-of-5-faces
Rated: E · Short Story · Biographical · #1813829
This is a short story about my many faces!
The Girl of Five Faces

Well, I am the girl of five faces!! Though I am through and through ordinary, there is nothing really special about me, no super powers, no awesome intellectual ability, just a girl, well a girl of five faces to be exact. You see over the years I have gained many a nick name from my parents, my sister or my friends most I can’t even remember but the main ones I shall tell you about now.

My first ever nickname was given to me by my parents and although embarrassing, it is the first, so has to be included. I was called “flubba bubba” off the old movie flubber and as at the time I was quite chubby my parents decided this was the perfect nickname for me.

But as you can guess as I grew older this became very embarrassing but by this time my little sister decided that it was her turn to give me a nickname which was “biddy”. I have absolutely no idea where this came from but at least 10 years later she still calls me that but only her because I can barely tolerate her saying it as it is!

Next there was “lysha” which is what my first best friend calls me.  She and I have been friends since kindergarten and therefore developed nicknames for each other over the years but it didn’t take on with everyone else so eventually she was the only one calling me it.

After that nickname I begun to get into a collection of magazines called ‘Groovy Chick’ which had a blonde cartoon girl named ‘Groovy Chick’ as the theme. Well at the age of 8 I decided I wanted a really cool nickname for myself so I used the magazine and called myself “chick” though everyone at first thought it was like the chick from a chicken but soon enough they caught on and even now my friends from soccer and my dad call me that!

Last but definitely not least I started to think my nickname was a bit out of fashion and weird so with the help of one of my friends I created “allymonsta”. ‘Aly’ being the first part of my name ‘Alysha’ and ‘monsta’ I got from my friend who suggested it. Then after editing the spelling to make it look cool as well as sound cool I took on the name and to this day my friends and teachers call my “ally” for short!

So there you have it the story of the girl of five faces, or rather nicknames. Who even now will respond to anyone of these and many more!


(word count: 440 words)
© Copyright 2011 allymonsta (allymonsta at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1813829-A-Girl-of-5-faces