*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1813971-Good-Morning-Fall
Rated: E · Other · Environment · #1813971
Looking out my window at the coming day.
Frost shimmers across all that can be seen, as if someone unseen has dusted the world in diamonds.
The green summer leaves have gone to gold and soon abandon the lofty heights of branches for a winters rest on the soft forest floor below.
The birch trees shiver in the morning chill, while the pines wrap themselves in the unchanging warmth of emerald boughs.
Morning finches preen and fluff their feathers, preparing themselves to greet the morning.
Suddenly the sun crests the mountains above glinting on snows that appear distant but always seem to come sooner than expected.
It's bright rays touch the frost and ignite a dazzling white fire that engulfs the quiet morning!
As the diamonds begin to melt and drip to the sleeping leaves below, small birds warm up and add their voices to the morning song begun.
Though winter snows may blanket mountains high, they are not yet here, at least not today.
Good morning fall.
© Copyright 2011 Elise Alexander (elisealexandr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1813971-Good-Morning-Fall