*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1815149-Dark-Igneous-Sea-Adventure
Rated: E · Prose · Fantasy · #1815149
This is how Dark Igneous came around to where she was when she was still inside an egg.
Note: Taking it as a literal before novel starts... then Ice suggested a neat idea so using it. *Bigsmile*

Dark Igneous woke up when her egg moved. Her wing felt a little cramped. Still at a place where she is far away from finding a rider. There is no memory of her parents, who were deceased long before she fully developed and was able to see what was going on around her through the ancient dragon magic. She sighed. If only she could magically transport herself to where she could find a rider of a pure heart. Only then would she be freed.

The egg started to move and lift off the ground. Dark Igneous moved her head upward in surprise. It was a current moving swiftly and powerful enough to lift her egg. The magic swirled as a shield of protection to ensure she stayed in an upright position. The current brought her to the surface of the water, then the waves carried her to a beach full of sand.

This is the perfect place, the baby dragon thought. Land, where a rider is bound to find her.

Hours turned into days, days into weeks, then years passed with no sign of a rider. The egg magic, she could sense, called out for one but none came. Even if it would take a million years, Dark Igneous was determined that sooner or later someone will come that she can choose as her rider.
© Copyright 2011 Angelica- House Florent B & W (dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1815149-Dark-Igneous-Sea-Adventure