*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1815854-Erts-responce
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1815854
One of the explorers responds to Johns logs
The voice stopped, the image faded. Erts mind wearled.



He’d never have called himself partially religious, he had a certain respect for the gods particularly Kulos the Hunter and somewhat liked to hear the words of monks occasionally. But he cerntly wouldn’t have though that seeing the gods in a particular way was a foundation for his life. So he was somewhat surprised how the world seamed to have dropped from beneath him and he almost fell to the floor as he struggled to come to terms with looking at reality from this fresh perception.



He may never have built his life around the gods but he’s built it upon them, everyone had. Even to those like him who’d only payed them a moderate amount of attention they were just a part of the world, to understand them differently was like discovering you could see air or being told your home home can sink through solid rock.



Of cause he and Peep were used to revelations. -After the bizarre destruction of there village, receiving some of the deeper teachings of the Sorro and after everything they had seen on there journeys - however stunted they were right now another part of his brain knew that they’d come to terms quicker than most, and that was good because globally important questions would have to be answered by the two of them and quickly:



Would it be advantages to spread the knowledge of the nature of the worlds creator to the people, would it even be right to ever do so, would they listen? How much more information might there be hidden away in this layer, could it be saved? Would there be an ancer hear to what caused the Blank or what could be its undoing? Might there be more anchent magic still lingering hear like that that played the recording or had stoped the sceleton crumbling that could be used as a wepion? How long would they have before the area was covered in the Horde and escape impossible?



There was much to be answered and much to be done and everything would have consequeses that would echo for generations but he knew the two of them were exactly the right ones for the task. Everything had been leading them to this moment, there own clumsy early adventures, the Sorros and the jungle spirits guidance even perhaps “divine” destiny had placed them in this place of indescribable worth in the last days of its existence and they would not fail there world - whatever they may find there world out to be.
© Copyright 2011 owenbevt28 (owenbevt28 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1815854-Erts-responce