*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816212-Stand-Like-a-Tree
Rated: E · Essay · Inspirational · #1816212
An essay which is based on my personal experience,anyone could relate in this writing.
“I can never let him to stay with me forever. At the right time, I have to let him go. But I have to remain standing like Trees do.”
When I was a young girl, I always wanted to be with me my parents. I still remember the time when I was a daycare student. My father would send me to school by riding on his “wonder bike”. He really exerts effort to drive as fast as he could so that I wouldn’t miss my class. And it continues until I became a high school student.

Bad news is, he passed away when I was turning as a sophomore student. That was the most unforgettable moment of my life. I knew that after his burial, everything is going to change.

My father was a “Man of Steel” (hehe, imagine a person who has steel in his whole body, just kidding!). He is a man of steel because I never see Him crying even if his loved ones had passed away and even watching telenovelas or dramas on television (hehe,KJ?joke). He is a strong man and I admire him for being like that. And when he disciplined us (me & my 2 sisters) he never showed any pity, he made us to feel that he really mean to hurt us. Then after hitting our butts with stick, he would say “Mga anak, pinapalo ko kayo hindi dahil galit ako sa inyo, kung hindi dahil sa mahal ko kayo at ayokong ibang tao pa ang manakit o dumisiplina sa inyo.”

Honestly, during those times that he says those things to me, I didn’t understand why he need to hit us and at the end of the day, he would tell us that he just did that because he loves us (I find it unreasonable). But now that I’m already a mature lady ( weh?), I realize the logic of what my father had told me.

A good parent is He who prefers to hit the butts of his children instead of tolerating them for doing bad things. The stick which he used to punish us will best represent the consequences of every erroneous action that we did.

Those days are gone…

I can never let him to stay with me forever. And at the right time, I have to let him go (like what I did when we left him at the cemetery) and I have to remain standing like Trees do. But his words of wisdom will remain in my mind … and my heart. His punishment will serve as a reminder to me, every time that I am making a wrong decision or committing mistakes.

I miss my Tatay so much!!! The Eddie Garcia…the Fernando Poe Jr. of my life ( kasi idol niya ‘yang mga yan,hehe)
But what makes me happy eventhough that I know he will never come back to us is that…I know that he’s now at peace...living with God, watching over us. And the right time… we will see each other again. (‘wag naman masyadong maaga Lord ha?hindi pa ito ang tamang panahon,hehe,joke lang po).
© Copyright 2011 dwarfina (iamfina24 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816212-Stand-Like-a-Tree