*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816599-12-Doors
Rated: · Other · Children's · #1816599
Sam, a 9 year old little girl searches for the hope to find her father. Still in progress.
Chapter 1 Birthday Wish

         Sam was just an ordinary girl living in an ordinary world. The only thing she didn't have was a father. She didn't understand why all of her friends had a daddy, but she didn't. Every birthday since she was 5, she used her one birthday wish to get a daddy. Her wish never came true. Sam was coming on her 10th birthday and would have done anything for a father, but she was finally given up.

         Sam lived in a beautiful rancher in Detroit, Michigan. She had a very long driveway with black fences on each side. Cows in the left field, and horses in the right field.Willow trees were lined up against the inside of the fence. As you approached the house, there was a bend in the fence where an arch was placed. It was a big stone arch that entered to a big, circle turn-around in the driveway. There would stand the house on the other end of the circle. The house was a dark red brick rancher under 40 years old. To the right of the driveway was a little stone path leading to the barn. The barn was big and bright red with a chicken window in the top. If you were to enter the barn, you would slide the big doors open and be attacked by sheep and goats! Walking into the barn is an outstanding, organized picture. Each horse had it's own english and western tack, along with their own brushes, halters, and automatic water buckets. To the left was a run-in for the cows and to the right was the goat stall. Feed was to the left of the door. Along the back of the barn were the horse stalls. They read: Fancies Dancies, Fancy Treasures, Summer Castaway, Moonlight Dancing Angel, and Traveling Man. Fancy Treasures, or Treasure was Sam's horse. Sam would go barrel racing every Thursday and trail riding every Monday and Wendsday.

         For some reason, Sam really wanted to go on a trail ride Friday. So she caught Treasure, tacked him up, and walked to the woods. Treasure was not acting himself at all. He wouldn't listen and he was extremely antsy. Sam kept trying to calm him down, but he just became worse. Out of nowhere, Treasure spooked and bucked Sam off and everything went black.

         When Sam woke up, she was laying on the ground. Treasure was nowhere in sight. As frightened as she was, for it was getting dark, Sam went out to search for him.

         "Treasure! Treasure!" Sam screamed waiting for his return. Stumbling across the woods, Sam came across a cave she had never seen before. So she decided to investigate.

         Inside the cave were many drawings. There was a circle with a lot of happy people standing around it. Another picture was of what looked like a little girl riding a long haired unicorn. There were many other drawings in the cave, but the one that stuck out the most to Sam, was the one with a little boy and what was believed to be his family. It ooked like two sisters, one brother, a mother, and a father.

         Gently, Sam cried. It was 13 days before her 10th birthday and she had totally given up hope on her 5 years of wishing. She was just a 9 year old girl who was searching for the light of her lost father.

         After she regained strength, Sam decided to walk around the cave some more. Going farther and farther into the cave, more drawings had appeared and seemed to be closer together as if they ran out of room. Where had the drawings come from and who drew them? After a short time examining the pictures, Sam had come to the end of the cave. There stood a big, wooden, arched door, she noticed there was no door handle. Getting closer there appeared to be fancy gold writing engraved into the wood. It was so small she could barley read it:

If it's your birthday

here's a clue,

say the words

and may your wish come true!


Not understanding what it ment at first, Sam read it again. Then, as fast as she could, she said "I wish I had a daddy like all of my friends!" She starred into the engraved,wording on the wooden door. Seconds latter, the door glowed bright white from inside the hidden room. The light burned brighter and brighter, untill the door sucked her in and all she could see was a white screen.



Chapter 2 The 12 doors
© Copyright 2011 CrazyGirl (imnosup3rman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816599-12-Doors