*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1817961-Reality-byThought-RBT-Chapter-2
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1817961
Chpter 2 :) not all done yet! but this is a part of it
Chapter Two

         

         Two weeks flew by, but nothing really changed; besides the fact that a really good looking girl is interested in him, of course. He ignored Scott’s protest when she sat with them during lunch. She and Scott exchanged glares, after which she sighed.

         “Rick, why does your friend hate me so much?” she whimpered. Scott rolled his eyes, and looked at Rick.

         “I’m sorry he treats you so poorly. He usually isn’t like this.”

         “He’s right. I’m not usually like this, because I don’ like stuck-up, rich snobs who take advantage of people.” Kat gasped and put her hand to her chest. Rick couldn’t help but chuckle. She really wasn’t being serious at all.

         “You think I’m taking advantage of Rick? How judgmental!” she said sarcastically.

         “Um—guys let’s not fight ok?” he leaned over to Scott and added “just give her a chance will ya?”

         “No! I will not. If you will excuse me, I’ve got things to do.” He picked up his tray and left.

         “Alright, so now that he is gone, I’ve wanted to ask you something.” Rick looked at her, puzzled as to what she might ask. “Can I come over your house? There is some English homework that I just don’t understand.”

         “Err...sure! I would be happy to help.” Rick beamed. He couldn’t comprehend why she has taken such an interest in him. Whatever it was, he was sure happy that something new is finally happening to bright up his dull life.

         “Awesome. Thanks, I really hate English.” She lightly shook her head, and bit into her sandwich. Her hazel eyes looked at him, and she giggled.

         “You look really happy, is this the first time a girl has gone to your house?”

         “No! I have had plenty of girls at my house.”          

         “Uh-huh.” She grinned and finished the last bit of her meal.

         The ride to Rick’s house was a little bit more than slightly awkward. The only people that were talking were the comedians on the radio. As the mustang pulled up to its usual spot, Kat poked her head between the two boys and studied the apartments.

         “What is this? The nineteenth century?” She directed her gaze towards Rick, who seemed to have been somewhat offended by the statement. Scott shot a look at Kat.

         “This is why I hate people like you.” He stormed out of the car, followed by Rick and Kat.

         “I’m sorry. My mouth moves before I consider peoples’ feelings. Also, I’m not rich—at all.” She felt somewhat bad, but she wasn’t here to cheer up people. She’s got work to do.

         “It’s alright. Just be mindful what you say around my mother.” He led them up the stairs to his apartment. It was a nice, comfortable place. Everything was neat, clean and in its place. The living room was attached to the normal-sized, white kitchen. Rick’s room was down a small hallway to the right of the door. The carpet was a tan color, which stopped where the kitchen’s checkered tiles began.

         “Nice place.” She said, admiring the knick knacks that were in a glass case. Martha walked in, wearing gray sweatpants, a black t-shirt, and glasses. Her black hair was in a messy ponytail, which looked nice on her. She looked at the three kids, a bit puzzeled.

          “Thanks for not informing me that we have guests. I look like a hobo right now!” Rick chuckled and gave his mother a hug.



         

© Copyright 2011 Ann Taylors (miky93 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1817961-Reality-byThought-RBT-Chapter-2