*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818254-Missing-Her
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1818254
Teddy's first time away from his girl.
He didn’t know what was wrong today. His head was either filled with love or misery. Teddy was being led, as if, by a siren song to his destiny. “I just can’t think straight today.”

“This is what you have been hoping for, isn’t it?”

“Yes, but I feel I’m trapped in a genie bottle.”

“It’s only for awhile.”

“But it feels like a lifetime, if you know what I mean. I hate all the tossing and turning.”

“Why do you get so agitated?”

“Bo…you’ve been doing this a whole lot longer than me.”

“Sure, but once this cycle stops you’re back in her arms.”

Teddy and Bo argued and commented back and forth for several minutes and then one of them got lost in the crowd.

“Bo? Where are you?”

“I’m over here. One more turn and I’m there for you.”

When Bo was along side Teddy again, he noticed Teddy was less stiff than when they started this journey. He also smelled like morning dew. “I already sense you’re getting accustomed to the process.”

“Maybe…a little. You're such a toad.”

“Heck…you were covered with so many different spots and odors; I thought she was going to kick you to the curb. You’re lucky we’re sharing a few suds together.”

They were silent for awhile, thinking about the joy they would experience once the clock wound down and the buzzer beeped. They would all tumble out. Some would go to the park, some in a car; some would just take a nap. Some would still hang-out together, while others were put on a vacation. Teddy longed for his girl and waited for the door to open.

“Mommy…wants Teddy.” The little girl yawned.

The sleepy girl squeezed the fluffy teddy bear. Nap-time was happy snuggle time.


Word Count: 298
© Copyright 2011 Endless Enigma (charmed1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818254-Missing-Her