*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818627-NaNo-Exercise-Week-Two
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1818627
Three helps on NaNoWriMo's website.
One site I believe I will help in my novel writing is the Pep Talks session. It featured the successes of several winning WriMos. Sometimes, it helps us to know that novel writing is doable. I hope that there will be more pep talks that will spur people on in their wacky attempt of writing a 50,000 novel.

Forums are my favorite. There are forums for just about every age group and novel genre. I peeked into the 50-plus forum, where I learned that there are more winners over 50. Now, that is encouraging. While I have been reading "No Plot-No Problem," I have noticed that many of the testimonials come from people in their 20s. 20s and 40s. That is fantastic and age should not make one bit of difference. However, it helps when you see that people from different walks of life are a part of NaNoWriMo, so I don't feel so much like an oddball.

There are forums for different regions, which will be important to be able to meet up at some of the coffee shops and such for write-ins. I am looking forward to attending at least one in my area.

The third feature is having a writing buddy. This could be very important, as individuals prod each other to the finish line, even if they are online ones. I know that the feature is pending, which means there may be new and improved features. The idea seems to be that there is truly strength in numbers.
© Copyright 2011 margot77 (margot77us at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818627-NaNo-Exercise-Week-Two