*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1820085-Ship-Graveyard
by Makr
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1820085
Emotive, melancholic feelings gliding on the soul as lost seagulls over a despairing sky.
The wind howled onto the hard cords of the old ships forgotten on the rugged shore. The seagulls soaring on the sky let hear their far away cries and the sunset hour filled with wind and noise.

There was no life around but there was a secret living aura surrounding the forsaken vessels, it was the high sea longing of many souls from the past that manned these derelicts, the ships were now the heirs of that longing through the obsession of long ago lost creatures who felt the drawing of the unknown and the song of mermaids calling from the lost horizon.

But it only was the ghost of a feeling embedded into the boards and walls of the spoiled woodwork as the resultant of the long intimate work of men and ships. The phantom of the desire to sail again scouted the rigs and mountings in the vain hope to be alive and seaward once more.
© Copyright 2011 Makr (makr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1820085-Ship-Graveyard