*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1820911-Kick-the-butt-letter
by fyn
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Other · #1820911
Letter to me regarding 2011 NaNo.
Write a commitment letter to yourself, promising to do your best during the month of November, and vowing to not allow distractions or procrastination to keep you from your goal. Explain in the letter why you are awesome, how you plan to complete NaNo 2011, and what you will do to celebrate when you win.

Dear Me, Myself and I,

Hey you!

Yeah, the one behind the big old-fashioned desk your mom left you. You ARE going to do this Nano thing this year. And you will do it at the desk. Your mom always finished everything she started. You know she’d be both cheering and nagging you on with this. Of course, she’d do that because she knows that you can if you just stick to it!

And I know you can. Every year you start and every year you always seem to have some excuse why you stop/get distracted/can’t finish. Well, this year is different! So what if you are now working full time. Your hubby is backing you in this and it was he that suggested that when you are writing to close the computer room door and he won’t disturb you! Can’t get much better than that! And yes, there are all sorts of goings on with ‘Alyndoria’ coming out, BUT it will be out. You’ve finished it so now it is on to the next book!! Something different, something for grownups and something you’ve been dying to sink into…now you can because ‘Alyndoria’ is done!

You got the outlines and ideas, the sketches and the how and where-with-alls figured out. Just a matter of spitting out the words now…you’ve already done the hard part. Maybe for one you won’t worry about editing as you go and just get all the words out. You can go back later and edit. Do this! I want to be able to say you did it to, ya know!

So. How we gonna do this, heart of my heart? We are going to come home from work, have a cup of coffee, send hubby out the door to hunt and that, right there, is a guaranteed three hours of peace and quiet. No excuses there! Then there is early morning like now…this is your favorite time to write. Mine too! Words seem to flow in the time when we are wide-awake. Besides, we are able to do this. We know we can write and we will! More, this year, we all three of us really want to do this--US-power!

Now the fun part…what are we going to do once it is all written? Knowing us? Edit. But we need to plan something fun, a treat. Yeah, the Christmas party is 12/3 and the anniversary is 12/12 and Betty arrives the 21st. Tons of gotta dos. But we need a wanna-do. A treat. Something special. I can’t come up with anything. But that’s okay. Somehow it isn’t the carrot that will get us through this; it is because we really want to do this this time, because we a so psyched for it. And doing it, saying we did it…ah…that is treat enough I think. Me too. I concur. Let’s get-er-done!

We love us!
Me, Myself and I
© Copyright 2011 fyn (fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1820911-Kick-the-butt-letter