*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1821296-A-Joy-For-All
by Emma
Rated: E · Other · Contest · #1821296
Writers Cramp Contest Entry ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Alice goes to Disney World for the first time.
Alice fidgeted in her seat, practically bouncing up and down. She felt as if the car was not moving fast enough; that the park would surely disappear if they didn't arrive in the next minute. Her mother sent a sharp glance at her in the rearview mirror and said, “Calm down Alice. We will be there soon enough.” Alice quickly quieted down, going back to staring at the window and waiting for the park to appear. It was her fault that she was so excited. She’d never been to Disney Land before; and her mother said it was amazing and tons of fun! So she sat as still as possible for the next two hours, hands clutching the edges of her seat to keep her from bouncing up and down.
  When they pulled into the parking lot of a hotel, Alice blurted, “Disney World is a dump!” Her mother sighed and pulled her into the lobby, leading her to a little booth with flyers and brochures. Picking up one that said Disney World, she showed her what it looked like.
“This is a hotel sweetie,” her mother said, her patience wearing thin.
  After they got settled in their room, Alice and her mother started to walk to the park. Alice wanted to run the whole way, and kept dragging her mother behind her. When they got to the park gates, Alice jumped up and down while her mother paid. She could hear the music, smell the foods, and practically taste the excitement. 
  After what seemed like forever to Alice, they started walking through the gates. It was like walking through a thick cloud, and coming out into Heaven. There were lights flashing, bright and happy music, and people everywhere. It was overwhelming; but in the most amazing way. It seemed as if the park radiated happiness, and she couldn’t help but grin.
There was cotton candy to be had, and rides to ride. She rode on a beautiful horse with a long golden mane, spinning round and round, going up and down. She spun in giant tea cups until she felt so dizzy, but in a good way.
Then, after she did everything she could possibly do in the park, her mother took her to Cinderella’s castle. Alice and her mother sat down on a grassy field about 10 feet away from it.
“What are we doing here mommy,” she asked, awed at the sight of such a magnificent castle. Her mother didn’t need to answer though, for as soon as the little girl asked, a large explosion sounded in the air. It was a firework; with such bright colors, and interesting shapes. It was the ending to a perfect day for Alice. As soon as it was over Alice yawned and said,” Let’s come back tomorrow.”
© Copyright 2011 Emma (lilacenraged at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1821296-A-Joy-For-All