*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1821555-Some-Wounds-Never-Heal
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Parenting · #1821555
a girl named Kaila who was abused&bullied then got pregnant&her life turned around
Some Wounds Never Heal.





I reach over to the side of my bed where the diary my mom bought me for my tenth birthday is, six years ago. I open it to the first page. There wasn’t anything on the page beside a stick figure with question marks lightly drawn around its head. I walk over to my dresser and open my pencil box and grab the very first pencil my fingers touch. I turn around to face my door, reach up and lock it. I turn around quickly and walk to my bed. I sit in the farthest seat from the door. I open the diary, ripped the first page out and begin to write.

‘Hi, I’m Kaila Whitener. I’m sixteen years old, and let’s just say I don’t get along with a lot of people. I have two friends, yeah. I know. Pathetic right? Their names are Katelyn Moore and Justin Goo‎sby. I stopped writing when I heard a car door shut. I got up out of my bed with my diary in hand. Walked over to the window and looked out, I seen my mom and dad walking up the driveway and then they disappeared.  “Kaila!” my mom screamed up the stairs.

“Coming,” I scream back to her, rushing around my room trying to find somewhere to hide my diary.

“Now Kaila!” my dad screamed angrily. I instantly threw my diary under my dresser and ran out the room. As I walked down the steps I could hear my parents talking about something. I walked down them real slowly so I could try to see what they were saying, but they were whispering too quietly for me to get anything out of the whispers.

“You wanted to see me?” I asked my mom.

“Yes, put this stuff away, straighten up, and make dinner.”  She said in the same snobby voice she uses when she talks to me.

“I guess,” I muttered.

My mom gave me a dirty look and turned around to go up stairs. As she was walking up the stairs my dad was staring at me, “what are you waiting for? Them to get up by themselves and put themselves away?” my dad said while walking past me, without taking an eye off me. When I hear a door shut, I rushed to put all the groceries away. I put a pot of boiling water on the stove for spaghetti, and I started to straighten up the whole down stairs. I spent almost two and a half hours on straightening up the kitchen and the living room. I put the food on the table and called everyone down for dinner. When my dad got down stairs for dinner he didn’t say much to me, he just glanced at me and shoved me out of his way. When I finished eating and cleaned up after dinner, I went upstairs, walked into my room and shut my door and started to write again.

‘I am the only child, so my parents make it hard on me a lot. In school every everywhere I look the kids are fun of me and harass me. They always look and point at my scars, bruises, and cuts from my parents. If only they knew what they from, maybe they wouldn’t make fun of me’

“Kaila, come here please” my mom screams out her door.

“Coming” I screamed back. I put my diary in between my mattresses and opened my door. Before I knocked on my parent’s door I took a deep breath. As I exhaled, I knocked on my parent’s door.

“Come in” my dad said in between coughs and deep breathes. I opened the door and a gigantic cloud of smoke seeped out of their room. As I was coughing up my lungs I found enough strength to ask what they wanted.

“We want you to come here and sit on our bed so we can talk to you real quick,” my mom said in an innocent voice. I walked over to the end of the bed and sat down, waiting for them to say something. Then my dad reached over and grabbed my upper arm with so force I couldn’t help but shed a tear and he pulled my body up to his mouth and whispered in my ear.

“If you ever try to give me and your mom here an attitude again I will make sure you will never do it again,” He said with a smile on his face. “Got that?” he finally asked me.

I pulled his hand off of my hair and looked at the ground. “Got it,” I got up to walk out of the room and as I walked past my dad he stood up. It looked like he was going to give me a hug. I just stood there and looked at the ground. He grabbed the back of my hair and pulled back so I facing him.

“Look at me while I’m talking.” He said in a very quiet voice. I shook my head and look him straight in the eyes. At that moment my dad reached up and slowly pushed the hair out of my face, and then he slapped me in the face. He started to put his hands around my neck with so much force I couldn’t breathe. I was gasping for air when he finally let go of me. My mom got up and started walking towards me and she slapped me in the face, I flew across the room and hit my head off the corner of their dresser. Both my parents were laughing, like they just seen the funniest episode of Tosh.0. I ran out of the room, ran outside and went to Katelyn’s.

I knocked on the door and five minutes Katelyn was at the door, “Kaila. What happened?” she asked while looking at my bruises and my bleeding forehead.

“My dad hit me again, but this time I hit my head off the corner of the dresser.” I said through tears and fear.

“Come in so I can get that cleaned up.” She said, grabbing my arm. I jerked when I felt her hands touch my forearm, and she let go of me lipping ‘I’m sorry’

“Kaila, you need to get out of that house. Come live with us for awhile, please.” Katelyn said in a really worried voice.

“I’ll think about it Katelyn, I can’t just pick up and leave, you know,” I said.

“Kaila, you need to get away from that kind of environment.” She said while cleaning my cut on my forehead, “this might need stitches.”

“Just clean it up and bandage it, please.” I said so quietly I couldn’t even hear myself.

“You can stay here tonight if you want to” Katelyn said with a little hope in her voice.

“Fine. I’ll stay. Just tonight though.” I said and hopped off the counter and started going to the restroom. I walked out of the bathroom and there was a note on the counter. ‘Went to my room, come up when you’re done. There are clothes on the dresser for you to try on, I have a plan for us to do tonight. GET READY! NOW.’ With a huge smiley face next to the last word on the note. I was confused but I walked up stairs to the same bedroom I have a lifetime of memories in. I opened the door to Katelyn’s bedroom and I walked over to the dresser. The clothes on the dresser were really sluty. I should have known she didn’t ever wear anything that wasn’t showing at least an inch of her stomach or an inch above the knee. So I got dressed and when I was done I was looking for Katelyn. I looked in the bathroom first, because she likes to wear a pound of make-up, and what do you know there she is. She is just finishing with her mascara and she turns around and looks at me.

“Oh my god, you look amazing!” She said with a huge smile on her face.

“Thanks,” I said pulling the skirt down, “can I get a longer skirt though, please?”  I said feeling uncomfortable.

“No, you look great Kaila” she said grabbing my hand and putting me on the toilet. “You look a mess girl, you need to fix all this smeared make-up.”

We sat there for at least ten minutes and she finally stopped touching my face and I heard her knees crack while she stood up. “Kaila you look beautiful.” I looked in the mirror and couldn’t believe my eyes, the girl that always got picked on in school was actually pretty.

         “Alright, let’s go.” Katelyn said.

         “Where we going?” I asked with this look on my face.

         “We are going to Damond Daugherty’s party, I was invited and I was told to bring a friend.” She said with a smile.

         “Damond Daugherty? Since when were y’all friends?” I asked with a confused look on my face.

         “He is obsessed with my sister, and thinks if we hang out enough he will get a chance with her.” she said threw laughs and sniffles.

         I looked at her funny, trying not to laugh but I couldn’t hold it in any longer and I gave up. We were standing in her room taking pictures when we heard a car honk its horn. We both jumped and screamed, and realized it was just a car and laughed harder. We ran down the stairs rushed to put our shoes on and shut the door. We were running down the walk way when I paused right there in that spot. I looked in the passenger seat and there was, Robert Scott, my lifelong crush and also the most popular guy in our school. “Katelyn,” I said as a whisper.

         “Yeah Kaila?” she turned around so fast she almost fell.

         “It’s Robert.” I said pointing.

         She started to laugh really hard and pushed my arm down. “Don’t point! And who cares, just get in the car and have fun please Kay.” She said hopeful.

         I looked at her and shook my head. I got to the door and he got out letting us in the car.

“Ladys.” He said while bowing. I and Katelyn both blushed. Katelyn got in the car first, and I followed while keeping my full attention on Robert. We were in the car for almost thirty minutes before we came to a soft stop. Robert got out of the front seat to let us out. He put his hand out to help me get out of the car. I grabbed his soft, huge hand and got out of the car.

         “Thanks.” I said with the biggest smile on my face.

         “Your welcome, by the way you look amazing tonight.” He said looking me straight into the eyes. I about melted right there in the middle of the road.

         “I’m going to go park the car. Be right back guys, Katelyn want to come with me?” John asked in a hopeful voice.

         “Yeah, let me get in the front though. Go enjoy the party guys, no need to wait on us.” Katelyn said happily.

         I and Robert started walking up to the party. You could hear the music all the way down the street. When we walked in the house the music was ear piercing. We couldn’t even hear when we were yelling. There were so many people at the party you couldn’t get through the house without touching someone. There were about 20 people on the floor. There was a smell coming from the basement, it smelled like my parents room. I stood on my tippy toes and put my mouth next to Robert’s ear. “What is that smell?” I asked Robert, my voice barely came out because of fear.

         “Marijuana, come with me.” He grabbed my hand and started walking down the basement steps. When we got in the basement there were 2 girls and 3 guys smoking a so called “joint.” Robert looked at me and smiled, “Want to try it?” he asked with a smirk on his face.

         “uhm, sure.” I said.

         “Hey, Josh. Let me see that,” He said, pointing to the joint. Josh walked over and handed Robert the joint. Robert put his lips on the end of the rolled up substance, and inhaled. As he inhaled I could see his chest fill up with air. He slowly removed the joint from his lips and waits a couple seconds before exhaling. He went to hand me the joint and I took it.

         “What am I supposed to do?” I asked Robert.

         Robert laughed for a second before answering my question. “Here, I will hold the joint. You inhale and don’t stop till I pull it away. Hold the smoke in for at least 10 seconds, and then exhale,” He didn’t wait for me to answer. He put the joint on my lips. I inhaled for what seemed like 20 minutes before he took it off my lips. I tried holding it in but, I had to cough so badly. We stayed down in the basement for 10 minutes and smoked more. But the time we got up to leave I couldn’t stand up. I didn’t have enough energy to move. We went up stairs and Robert grabbed us a couple of beers and we went up to Damond’s bedroom. We both opened up the can and took a long sip, due to the major cotton mouth. We both got 5 beers and we both were pretty messed up at that moment.

         “Robert, I’ve always wanted to tell you something,” I said slurring my words.

         “Well, you can tell me now.” He said with a confused look on his face.

         “I’ve always had a crush on you for the longest time and I was too afraid to tell you,” I said while sitting up.

         He didn’t say anything in return. Robert reached up to touch my face. He pushed the hair out of my face and I rushed to push his hand away before seeing the cut. That’s when he reached up grabbed under my chin, leaned forward and kissed me on the lips. Then he ended up on top of me kissing me with more force, and that’s when I did something I knew I never should have done. That’s when Katelyn stomped into the room. “Kaila, its midnight. We have to be home in 15 minutes!” she said with a scared look on her face.

         I woke up in Katelyn’s bed the next morning, not remembering anything from that night. “You might want to take this,” Katelyn said handing me a box of pregnancy tests, “both of them just to be sure.”

         “Why?” I asked with a confused look on my face. I looked at my phone and I had two new text messages and one missed call, from Robert. “I didn’t. Please tell me I didn’t Katelyn.”

         “I wish I could Kay, but I walked in on you guys,” she said.

         “Come with me?” I asked. Before I gave her the time to answer I grabbed her hand and drug her to the bathroom. I opened the box and peed on both the little sticks, and waited for 5 minutes. ‘Positive’ read both tests. At that moment is when I started to cry. When I was finished crying I called Robert. I told Robert I was pregnant and we talked about what we wanted to do with the baby. We decided to keep the baby. When we said goodbye and I started to hang up I heard him say my name one last time.

         “Yes?” I asked.

         “Will you go out with me?” he asked in the quietest voice ever.

         “Of course.” I answered with the biggest smile on my face. Then I hung up.

         The next 2 days of the weekend I hung out with Robert. When Monday came he picked me up from Katelyn’s house to take me to school. When we walked in the front doors to school we were holding hands and we both had the world’s biggest smile on our face. Everyone was staring hard at us, I even heard whispers. He walked me to my first period class, before he left he leaned down and kissed me on the forehead then on the lips.

         I walked into my class and everyone was staring at me. “Hey Kaila, want to hang out after school today?” asked Hannah Cameron, the most popular girl in my school.

         “Uhm, no thanks,” I said with a smile on my face.







  Epilogue.

2 years later,



                                                                                         January 18, 2010

Dear Adrianna,

         Hi, my name is Kaila Scott (Whitener). While growing up I was abused by my parents and I was bullied by my class mates. I never thought I would make it to where I was today. My whole life I was thinking about committing suicide and I was close to actually committing it after the age of 15. I was 15 years old I had no friends, besides two, my parents didn’t love me, and no one liked me. I took over 10 different pills trying to find out which one would work best. I almost overdosed of It wasn’t from Katelyn dropping by to hang out. I was 10 when I started smoking cigarettes and I still do. I started drinking when I was 12, and I started smoking weed when I was 16.  I am now, 18 years old. I am married to the love of my life Robert Scott. I am friends with everyone in my graduated class. I have the most beautiful and gorgeous daughter, Adrianna Scott. I also have another one on its way. A little baby boy, named Xavier. I got away from my parents as fast as I could, after getting engaged with Robert last year I moved in with him. Now, we live in a big 4 bedroom house, as a big family. My life changed a lot since I started dating Robert. If I didn’t go that party 2 years back I wouldn’t be alive right now. The horrible memories of what I had to go through with my parents when I was younger still haunt me. Even though I have been out of the house for 2 years they still try to come after me. I get random phone calls in the middle of the night from them, and I don’t answer. I cut them out of my life for good, the only memories I have of them is the nightmares, the scars, and a broken heart.  I am very thankful for my handsome husband, my beautiful daughter, and my soon to be handsome baby boy.

         Love,

Kaila Scott



© Copyright 2011 xXx_iKandey_xXx (brookecaitlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1821555-Some-Wounds-Never-Heal