*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1821563-Undecided-Miracle
Rated: E · Short Story · Parenting · #1821563
Its about a young girl named Emma and has and baby boy. Finds out she has a small disease.
“Emma come down stairs please we need to talk,” said Emma’s mom Kim.



“Why? I am busy,” I said.



“Because I said so,” said Kim.



“Fine,” said Emma as she started putting her journal under her bed. While she was walking down the stairs, to see her mom, she wasn’t in a good mood.



“What do you want mom?” I said with an attitude.



“Your father wants us to talk about the baby…” said her mother sounding unhappy.



“And?” I said with disgust.



“You are only 16 years old. Do you think you are ready to do this?” said Kim.



“Mom, we had this conversation like 20 times. I can do this!” I said as I ran back to my room.



         Emma was running up the stairs furious. When she got to her room she slammed the door shut. She had a little crib in the far corner of her room still in the box. I can’t get the thought out of my head that I can’t do this when I know I can. For the past six months I been having dreams of me with the baby boy or giving it up for adoption. I have no idea what I want to do yet. My boyfriend, John, says it would be good for us if we kept it so we could be together forever but, I am not sure yet.



“Hello?” I said with a laugh.



“Hey, my parents were wondering if you wanted to go out to dinner with us at like seven?” said John.

“Umm… I don’t know do you want me too go?” I said not so sure of the idea.



“Of course I want you to why wouldn’t I? So, I’ll pick you up at seven?” said John.



“Ya sure... See you at seven,” I said not sounding one hundred percent.



         As she hangs up the phone she rushes to try and get ready. She goes through her closet and finds a nice baby blue sparkly shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans with a pair of black heals. She goes through all fifteen purses and finds a nice purple colored one. Finally, she looked at the clock and saw it was five till seven. Rushing back and forth, she hit her dresser and knocked every little thing off the top.



“What was that?” says her mom Kim frightened.



“It was just my stuff of the top of my dresser. I will clean it up when I get back, love you bye! Said Emma running out the door where she saw her and her boyfriend’s parents waiting for her.



         As we greeted each other I got into their car. I cannot even describe how awkward it was. They kept asking me questions about the baby and I had no idea how to answer it. What if I would say something wrong what would they think? Would they want to take the baby from me? Okay no I need to start thinking positive about these things.



“So where do you want to go for dinner?” said John’s mom Brooke.



“It doesn’t matter, really I don’t care,” I said.



“Okay then, we will surprise you.” Said John’s dad Trei.



         When we got to the restaurant it was so beautiful. There was a huge chandelier in the middle of the room. The walls were a dark purple and a green lining, the colors for wine. All the tables had a single flower in the middle. When we walked in there they asked for a table for six, but there was only four of us. Our table was the best table in there, it blew me away.



“Who else is coming to dinner?” I said.



“My mom and dad, they want to meet you,” Said Kim.



“Okay. Oh and just so you know my parents want me home before 8:30, they want me to get a good sleep before tomorrow,” I said hoping she will say nothing in return.



         Once their parents, John’s grandparents, arrived we had an appetizer. Honestly I didn’t like it but didn’t want to be rude. After that we ate our dinner and they paid for my bill. So, on our way back to my house we stopped for some ice-cream. I hate when his parents pay for me, it makes me feel helpless like I am poor and can’t pay for myself, but John tells me they do it because they love me. A little later around 8 they dropped me off at my house and my parents were sitting on the stairs and look very angry.



“Where have you been?” said both of my parents, after John left.



“I was with John, John’s parents, and grandparents and we went out to dinner. Why? Did something happen?” I said sounding very worried.



“Okay well we called your cell phone several times. Oh and nothing is wrong we were just worried about you that is all,” Said my mom.



“Well you don’t have to be...” I said before I was rudely interpreted.



“Stop Emma we are your parents and you are pregnant me and your father need to worry,” Said my mom very seriously which made me laugh a little.



“Okay I understand that you worry, but you can you back off just a little? I am going to be doing stuff on my own soon and you or dad isn’t helping,” I said as my mom threw me a big hug.



“I know you are just growing up so fast. Just remember I love you no matter what you do with the baby,” said my mom while she was squeezing me to death.



“I love you too,” I said hugging her back with a big smile on my face.



         It’s now January 15, 8 ½ months in, and I am so scared. John has been by my side for a long time. I wonder if after I have the baby if he will leave, that’s what I am really scared of. All these days are flying by like crazy, like the world is fast forwarding in time so I can have this baby. I wonder what the name is going to be…



“Mom! I think we need to go to the hospital, like now!” I said screaming in pain. Who knew before having the baby I would be in so much pain.



“Okay, make sure you breathe!” said mom in a panic.



         I couldn’t even describe how much pain I was in. I felt as if a big truck was on me, and when he came out I felt like the truck drove right away. All that pain was worth it. I had a beautiful baby boy. His skin was so soft and pale. He took my breath away.



“You can see him in a little bit we need to run tests to make sure he is alright. Okay?” said the nurse sounding confident that Michel was okay.



“Okay thank you,” I said as the nurse was leaving. Everyone in the room was telling me congrats, but I was so tired I just nodded and said okay.



         One day later I had a beautiful little boy named Michel Andrew Smith. His eyes are an ice green and he has blondish brown hair. John and I picked it out, and my mom and his mom picked out the middle name, oh and we used my last name. John is in love with him, so we are going to keep him, but if things get bad we have a plan. I set up a crib for him at my house and John will stay with me for a little to see how it would work if we did really live together.



“Hi, I am Doctor Dustin, your son Michel is in good condition. Nurse, could you bring him in here please?” said Dr. Dustin with a smile. As they were bringing him in the room my heart sank. He was mine, I could believe it, but he wasn’t just mine he was both mine and John’s son.



“O my gosh…” I said with tears running down my face.



“What’s wrong Emma?” John said with compassion.



“Look at him. This little boy is ours,” I said



         About one month after being in the hospital, I am sick of him cry already. John works during the day to help get stuff for Michel, while I stay home doing school work and trying to play with Michel. My parents said if I need help to just ask, but I am afraid because it is my baby and just because he can be hard to take care of doesn’t mean I have to pass him around all the time. Maybe I should ask for help, just this one time only.

“Hey mom, I have a question,” I said scared.



“Hang on a second,” said my mom trying to hurry up. “So what’s up honey,” she said with care.



“Do you mind watching Michel for about half an hour while I do my homework please?” I said hoping she would say yes.



“Yes, I don’t mind honey.” She said with joy in her voice.



         When I got back to my room it was so cold. I haven’t noticed it before, maybe it was because of how occupied I was with Michel. My room is such a mess too; well maybe I can take a day off and pay her to watch him. All these papers look like I threw them all up everywhere. In the background I heard a fate beeping noise. I looked out my window and saw it was John. He looked up at my window and saw me; he looked at me as if I were crazy. He hurried inside after a few moments.



“Emma, are you okay? You look like you have been up for weeks,” said John really worried. He took my hand in his as if he was proposing.



“Ya I am fine. Just had a rough day I guess with all the school work and Michel,” I said losing my breath after say just two words. After that one sentence I wanted to fall right over and sleep.



“Okay I want you to lie down and nap for a little bit. I will watch Michel and make you a nice dinner in bed,” said John with big green eyes just staring at me.



“Okay, thank you so much,” I said with so much relief. I was so happy I was able to sleep for a little bit.



         When I woke up, about one hour later, I had the most insane dream. It was dark and very cold. I felt as if I were falling and couldn’t stop because I was jumping, jumping to save myself. There was fog and I could see shadows. I was yelling so loud but no one even answered. I thought I was going crazy, I saw them but they couldn’t see me or help me. I was so scared I didn’t want to sleep again. So I sat there for two hours crunched up in a ball.



“Are you okay?” said John worried.



“Ya bad dream but that’s all,” I said very shaky.



“You have been having a lot of bad dreams lately…Do you think you should go to the doctors about this?” he said holding me tightly.



“No I am fine I swear…” I said losing my breath.



“Okay”, he said looking in my eyes like he was trying to get the truth out of me.



A week later I decided to go to the doctor. The room was pale white, and cold. I hated being here it was like I was going die or something. They waited about two hours to get the results. When they walked in they said I had a medical condition that makes me have very scary dreams, it happened to young parents after they’re pregnancy. I love my son, but I don’t think I can handle my son, my condition, and school.

© Copyright 2011 Katelyn Scott (katerachelle15 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1821563-Undecided-Miracle