*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1821691-The-Unknown-Creature
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Contest · #1821691
The most intense wreck anyone has ever experienced.
It was midnight, and the only thing holding back the freezing weather from Jacob was the windshield from his car. The speed limit was posted 55 mph, but Jacob was speeding. Speeding more than an average speeder, he was going nearly 95. Though the cars were rare, the existing honked at him as expected. Nobody knew why he was going 95 mph, but Jacob could give a care less. Not everyday does a man witness something as he did. As Jacob zoomed across the roadway, his car came in contact to a snow covered, slippery bridge that was made out of old wood and had worn out railings. As he was in the middle of the bridge, his skin became even more white than it already was. He saw it, once again.
As he slammed on his brakes, his car skidded, slipped, and rolled over the side of the bridge. As his head smashed against the now cracked glass, blood poured out of the split on his head. Though he was disoriented, Jacob slowly regained consciousness and managed to get out of the car alive. He pulled out his cracked phone and tried to dial 911, but his fingers were trembling with fear. As he tried once again, the beaty eyes of the creature he had previously saw twice, were in a bush only 20 feet away from him. Jacob dropped his phone, and tried to run, but he was losing so much blood from his head that he became dizzy, and started hallucinating. He started seeing bright lights fly across the sky, even though it was after midnight. He saw airplanes, animals, and rainbows. The worst, though, was the creature with the beaty eyes. He knew this was not a hallucination though, and he couldn't quite get the full image, but he also did not want to.
This unknown thing started chasing Jacob, and he tried running as fast as he could. Only one problem: there was nowhere to run to. The nearest roadway was at least 20 feet up, and he didn't have the time or energy to get up the long climb. So Jacob just stopped where he was, turned around, and when he stopped, the creature was gone. Jacob took no time to investigate where he went, so he started to attempt to climb the 20 foot hill to the roadway. After 30 minutes of climbing, the injured,dizzy, bloody man made it to the top. A 1985 Chevy truck drove by and realized that Jacob needed help, so he stopped to back up and pick him up. The drive immediately told Jacob that he would take him to the hospital, after Jacob told him that he fell off the bridge. When the truck driver heard about the unknown creature being the cause of the wreck, he knew he had to tell the police. Once they arrived to the hospital, the truckdriver told the doctors that he got in a wreck, and Jacob got fixed.
After 3 weeks of hospitality, Jacob got to leave. When he read the newspaper, he saw in the obituaries that the remains of a man were found in the middle of a road, and a truck was found in the middle of a nearby field with huge bite marks and scratches all over it. Jacob thought nothing of it, until he saw the picture of the truck. It was the same 1985 Chevy truck that he was rescued in. The next day, Jacob decided to check out the truck before it got sent to the dump. As he looked at the truck, memories were shooting through his head like bullets. He was about ready to leave, but he saw a weird pattern on the rear on the truck. As he neared it, there was a message. It read, " IM COMING". He was scared now, and knew he had little time to act. As dusk settled, Jacob decided to drive somewhere. He had no idea where, he just wanted to leave, and fast. He started on his journey to nowhere.
As he neared a small town, he stopped at a motel to sleep. He kept having nightmares of this creature, and how he tried to come into the motel. The creature in his dream kept hiding once Jacob almost caught a good glimpse of him. The creature kept getting closer, and closer, yet he still couldn't see what this thing looked like! All of a sudden, he felt his body strangled against the bed, he was choking, trying to scream, but couldn't get a sound out of his throat. Finally, he awoke from this horrible nightmare. He got up out of bed, walked outside for some fresh air, but it looked different outside. He walked for about 5 minutes, and heard laughing. Where was he at? After coming to his senses, it all was very clear now. He was in a little place, called Hell.

[811 Words]
© Copyright 2011 Kaleb973 (kaleb973 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1821691-The-Unknown-Creature