*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1821969-Untitled
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Nina
Rated: · Other · Contest · #1821969
flash fiction entry....
Jemma was exhilarated. She loved the feel of speed, and power at her fingertips. Her foot was ready, eagerly awaiting the signal to mash the pedal to the floor. Now was the hardest part: waiting. Impatience was her most infamous trait. Brushing her hair behind her ear, her palms nudged the earrings still in her ears from her date not two hours ago. Large pearls. Jemma released a scoff. Her outing with Jeremy further proved what she knew to be bluntly true; her only love was the expanse of the road and the way she commanded it. Asphalt, slick from an ample amount of Vermont’s heavy rains coupled beautifully with the dangers of unforgiving darkness excited Jemma. She was now tapping her left boot, irritated. Parked in the tuft of green along side Interstate 89’s deserted wide paved trill ride, she longed for the chase. Why was her prey so scarce tonight? With that, her desires were fulfilled in the form of a bright lime 2011 Ford Shelby GT350. The machine’s operator was obviously a male, his engine hummed with speed and pride. With a smirk, she noticed the driver’s grasp held a cell phone. Jackpot. Adjusting her badge with glee, she freed her Dodge Charger from park, and jolted forward ready for pursuit.


214 words.
© Copyright 2011 Nina (baninabeana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1821969-Untitled