*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822137-Conflict-In-the-Cemetery
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1822137
Kelsey can see things Kari can't. That's Ma's little girl.
Kneeling, I set down the roses and began to cry. The sky was gray above me and a nearby crow cried along side me, my cry slightly over powering its. Reaching towards the tomb stone I ran my fingers across the engraving Lace Adams 1976-2004 "A great mother". I slapped the grave and yelled at no one.

Pulling myself together I tried to rub off my already smeared mascara and lifted myself up. The wet earth had stained my jeans and gave them a rusty color. My black hair flew around my face in the wind, my fingers numbed from the cold. Suddenly I heard a whisper from behind me. I turned.

Standing in front of me was a woman almost my height with worn out brown hair. She had grey eyes and a small nose and delicate lips. She smiled at me patting down her wedding dress. Hi honey, miss me? I nodded and ran forward.

"Oh mommy I missed you! Are you alright?" She nodded at me and held my hand. I shivered and drew back. She frowned. Do I scare you? " No of course not! Its just...well... never mind." Reaching yet again she pushed back my bangs.

Dear, your hair has gotten so long. It's beautiful. I smiled. Where's your sister? "She didn't wanna come Ma. She said you hated her anyways." With that Ma burst into tears and knelt to the ground. Instead of staining her dress the mud shifted away from her. I never hated your sister Kari. She just wasn't as outgoing as you. I knelt down next to her and patted her back, my entire arm numbing.

Kelsey, can you keep a secret? I nodded. Your sister, Kari, can't see me. Sobbing, I laughed and pushed my black hair behind my ears. " I kinda already knew that Ma." She looked at me and smiled. I guess she wouldn't. She looks so much like your dad, with his dirty blonde hair and green eyes. Tilting my chin towards her she smiled. You got your looks from mamma. You had my brown hair until you decided to dye it black. Yet your eyes give you away. Almost as if seeing something I couldn't she frowned. She's here. Then she was gone.

Jumping to my feet I reached for someone who wasn't there. "Ma!" Behind me I heard a soft breathing. Looking down at my black coat and grey sneakers I turned to face the intruder. Kari.

"Kelsey, Pa was worried sick!" Turning towards Ma's tomb she frowned. "She never liked me." Kicking away my roses, I frantically knelt down and re-arranged them. "I don't know why you idolize her, she wasn't a good Ma. She deserved what she got that night, that selfish pig." Looking up at Kari I laughed. Her dirty blonde hair was in a bun and she wore a white winter coat and white jeans.

"Our Ma selfish? Hardly! She died for us Kari so if I were you I'd shut my FAT MOUTH!" She stood there unfazed by my outburst. Her green eyes said nothing. "She loved you.." Interrupting me she smirked.

"No Kelsey, she loved YOU." Pointing at me I felt my face get hot. "She simply thought of me as a...whats the word? Oh ya NOTHING!" I stepped forward and slapped her, leaving my hand print right on her cheek. She didn't move, didn't speak, didn't flinch. I took a step back.

Rubbing her cheek she laughed. "You're gonna soooo regret that Kels." Rushing me Kari wrapped her arms around my waist and tackled me. "I can't believe I'm related to such a weirdo like you! You're bipolar just like Ma!!" Screaming out she tried to deliver a punch which I rolled out of. Delivering a upper cut she rolled over in pain. I sat on her stomach.

"DON'T YOU EVER TALK ABOUT MA LIKE THAT AGAIN!" Crying I got off and zipped up my coat. "I loved her Kari, maybe you didn't but that's because your Pa's little girls. I'm Ma's little girl." Stopping I looked at Kari who moaned but watched. "Well I was anyways." Turning around I walked out of the cemetery, leaving Kari behind to suffer by herself just like Ma.

© Copyright 2011 Dreaming_Pisces (pyschoticangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822137-Conflict-In-the-Cemetery