*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822414-My-first-draft-excuse-the-punctuation
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Romance/Love · #1822414
I believe in writing first and correcting later. This will be a romance novel.
This is the first thing I have ever actually written. I always have ideas running through my head, so i put it down. I hope to make it a romance novel. My inspirations for the "beginning or practice" of this are my favorite authors. I hope to have a book that will put nicholas sparks, susan mallorey, nora roberts, sarah dessen, and others into a great combination. The only thing I ask is for you to not be to harsh. I know it isn't perfect but like I said, it's my first. I know the punctuation and grammar is not perfect but i read that you should write it and fix it later. Thank you.

“Oh honey! Don’t go so soon, maybe if you stay a while longer you will find that you like it” Susan Miller was nearly in tears. “Mom, I’m going whether you like it or not, there is nothing here for me and there never has been..I should have left a long time ago. This is my time to start my life..cant you be happy for me?” Lauren Miller had been in the same town since she was born. She had hated it since she could remember..It was one of those towns where everyone knew your business and you could only get away with things or get a job if you knew someone. She finally had enough money to move and she wasn’t going to let her mom stop her now. Her mother winced..”fine you just go, I don’t doubt you will be back here soon..just wait and see!” Lauren had not seen her mom this upset in a long time. She goes toward her mom and hugs her “Mom, I love you.. You know that..I want to be happy..Its not like I won’t visit all the time.. There is nothing here for me. Crying , her mom nodded her head and let go..”I love you! Be prepared for me calling all the time” They both laughed.
Once in the car..Lauren started wondering why she really wanted to leave so bad..She was 25 years old, single, has a nursing degree that hasn’t been used and  that’s it. “damn it” she said. She knew that wasn’t 
All. She didn’t think about how her first love recently moved back to town and was married with a kid on the way. It pissed her off.. She knew she was jealous.. He broke her heart and has moved on while she hasn’t. After driving for 2 hours she finally stopped at a small motel, she was meeting with a realtor tomorrow to find a house… She thought she might like it here in the medium size town in Florida…it did have a beach and although it wasn’t big.. It was better than what she was used to.

The next morning Lauren ate a quick breakfast and met the realtor at the first house she was seeing. When she arrived she loved it on the outside and couldn’t wait to see inside. It was on the beach surrounded by a number of other houses. It looked like a house she could live in. “Hi, I’m Lauren Miller, how are you?” “Hello Ms. Miller, I will be your realtor today. My name is Kristin Parker” Kristin was a friendly, outgoing girl and hoped this could be a new friend. They entered the house. Lauren stood, taking it all in. To her right was a dining room, the walls were a light blue color that could pass as the sky. The living room was big but she hated the faint yellow color it had. “What do you think so far?” asked Kristen “I like it so far, I think I’d paint this room but that’s all. Can we go see the rooms?” “Of course, follow me!” The first room the realtor took her to was the master bedroom. “Do you like?” she  asked said with a shy smile. “oh my god, I love it! The color is perfect, I love that shade of green!” After seeing the remaining rooms of the house she decided to buy it. Hell, she thought.. Why not?.. “Thank you so much for taking your time out this morning and showing me this house. I’m excited.” “You have no clue how ecstatic I am that you are buying it!” “So. .Lauren said smiling, “Know any men around here who can help me move?” “As a matter of fact I do. My husband, brother, dad and uncles can come. I just need a day and time to let them know.” “What about Saturday around noon?” “Done.” The women exchanged numbers. Lauren was relieved that she had help.. And people seemed really friendly here. She was sure she could get used to it.

The next day Lauren got an unbelievable amount of things done. She paid her bills for that month in advance, bought groceries, a bikini for the beach, and dropped off her nursing application at the local hospital. During all of this she met a woman who owns the animal shelter and offered her a volunteer job for the days she’s not at the hospital. Lauren had an intense passion for animals. They were maybe even her favorite thing in the world. The hospital called only 3 hours after leaving her application. She had an interview in 30 minutes. They don’t play around here.. She thought. “Good afternoon Ms. Miller, have a seat” said John Walker. The director of Nursing. “Thank you” she said “I read your application and I am very impressed. Your nursing test scores were remarkably good. So it’s clear you want to be a Pediatric Nurse, am I correct?” “Yes sir, you are. That is my first choice.” “Well today is your day, you got it. How about starting in the morning?” “Yes!.. I mean yes sir, that would be great” He laughed “It’s fine, its good that you are excited.” “See you tomorrow.’ Before she was halfway out of the door she was already calling her mom. “Hello? Oh Lauren! I’m so glad to hear from you. I was so worried about you.” Hey mom, that’s nice. I just got a job!” she exclaimed “This fast?” oh you are so smart.” “I start tomorrow and my heart is about to beat out of my chest I’m so excited. My dream just came true.”  “Well, now that that is accomplished, how about finding a husband?” Susan was laughing to herself because she knew she was annoying Lauren. “Mom! I have to go. I’ll call you later ok?” “Ok, bye sugar, I love you” “love you too mom”. Husband? She thought.. It was her biggest pet peeve, someone suggesting she find a husband. She wasn’t interested in marriage. Was she?

Brody Parker was a single father. He has managed to take care of two children alone and work at the construction company in town. He had been married once. Maria… after having their second child she decided she wanted a divorce and she didn’t want anything to do with the kids. It struck some people, especially his mother, as weird that he was perfectly fine with her leaving. His life was complete in his eyes. Ethan and Arielle was all he needed. “ Daaad!” “What are you screaming about, Ethan?” “Arielle is throwing up, she has been sick all day at school, it’s gross!” “Ok stop all that and go get me the thermometer…
© Copyright 2011 Alexandria (alexandria10 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822414-My-first-draft-excuse-the-punctuation