*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822628-Tangled-Web
by Sum1
Rated: GC · Short Story · Crime/Gangster · #1822628
Sometimes, the best laid plans just go.... awry
Tangled Web


         “Honey, I’m home!”  As he opened the door to his house, Steve gave his usual cheery greeting to his wife.  He knew he was home early, but was looking forward to a romantic, albeit sex-filled afternoon and evening with his wife Lisa.  He was surprised at the sight that greeted him as he entered the house.  His wife’s clothing was strewn across the living room floor as if it had been ripped off quickly.  He quickly became concerned at the silence that engulfed the house.  It was very unusual for their house to be totally quiet, yet that is what greeted him as he entered the house.

         He slowly made his way quietly through their house.  He was a little concerned something had happened to his wife, and was being cautious.  As he neared the master bedroom, he heard small mewling sounds, the sounds someone makes when making love.  He felt his blood pressure quickly rise, and rushed into the bedroom.  He saw his wife on her knees, a man behind her with his hip pistoning rapidly.  By now she was grunting and squealing, obviously loving the feeling.

         “You bitch!” Steve yelled as he entered the room.  “What the fuck do you think you’re doing?  Get off her you pig!”  Steve’s anger knew no bounds as he viciously pulled the man off his wife.  As the man turned around, he was surprised to see the face of his neighbor Paul.  “What the hell,,,  Who do you think,, How could you,,”  Every time Steve tried to ask a question, he found himself at a loss for words.  Finally he looked at Paul and said, “Get your ass dressed and get out of my house.  Don’t ever come back here or anywhere near my wife!”

         Paul dressed as quickly as he could, but it didn’t appear to be fast enough for Steve.  Steve went to his dresser and removed a pistol from a drawer.  As he turned to face Paul, he felt an eerie calmness come over him.  Looking Paul in the eyes, he softly said, “There’s only one cure for this.”  He aimed the gun steadily at Paul and pulled the trigger.  The gun barked loudly as it fired, the bullet hitting Paul squarely in the chest.  Paul fell backwards on the bed, blood staining the shirt he’d put on so quickly.

         “What the hell did you just do Steve?”  Lisa’s voice was shrill, she sounded as if she was about to mentally lose control.  “He was leaving you asshole!  He was leaving, going home, what the fuck is wrong with you?”

         “He got what he deserved.”  Steve replied.  He laid the gun on the nightstand and looked briefly at Lisa, then went to the kitchen.  He found his hands shaking as he realized what had just happened.  In the bedroom, Lisa continued to shriek at him.  Steve poured himself a Jack Daniels straight, thinking the smooth whiskey would help calm his nerves.  Finally Lisa stopped her incoherent screaming, only to shriek at Steve one more time.  “You’ve killed him, and I can’t be with him anymore, so you won’t be able to be with me anymore either!”  Steve started walking to the bedroom in an effort to comfort his wife.  Half way there, he heard a gunshot, and ran the rest of the way.  As he entered the bedroom, he saw Paul still sprawled across the bed, his wife nowhere to be seen.  He looked in the bathroom, and saw her lying on the floor, blood rapidly pooling around her head.

         Steve sighed and said, “Okay Paul, you can get up, the bitch is dead.”

         Paul slowly stirred on the bed, and then rose to his feet.  “Jesus Steve, you’re supposed to be farther away when you shoot me with those blanks!  Damn, I’m going to be bruised for weeks I bet.”

         “Oh come here my baby boy, I’ll take care of those bruises.”  Steve embraced Paul in a tight hug, raining kisses on his cheeks and nose until their lips finally met.  The kiss became passionate, their breathing deepening as the kiss continued for over a minute.  Steve’s hands roamed as if they had a life of their own, finally resting on the rapidly growing bulge in Paul’s pants.  Steve slowly stroked Paul’s erection through his pants, finally releasing Paul reluctantly.  “C’mon Paul, let’s go to the kitchen and have a drink before we notify anyone about this.”

         “Oh damn Steve, you’ve gotten me so hard, can’t we have a little more fun first?  I need to taste you; I can see you want to taste me too.”  Paul quickly dropped to his knees, his lips tracing Steve’s already hard cock through his pants.

         “Dammit, get up Paul!  We have things to do first, and then we can have all the fun with each other we want.  First though, what are we going to do about your wife?  We can’t exactly kill her, nor get her to kill herself like Lisa did.”

         Paul stood and kissed Steve softly once more and said, “I’ll give her the divorce she’s been asking for.”  The men clasped hands, walked into the kitchen and sat at the table.  “Here, I was having a little Jack Daniels when I heard the shot, have some too.  I was a little afraid we hadn’t pushed her enough, I wasn’t sure she was going to shoot herself, then where would we be?”

         Paul replied, “I knew she would shoot herself.  I’ve been working on her these last few months as you know.  I finally got her to verbally agree to a death pact.  If something happened to her, I’d kill myself, and if something happened to me, she’d kill herself.  If only she’d known I was feeding her a line of crap all along.”  Paul let the end of this sentence trail off as he thought about what may have happened if things hadn’t gone as planned.

         Steve poured a glass of Jack Daniels for himself and Paul, then the two of them sat down to enjoy a little peace and camaraderie before getting to work again.  They knew they’d have to clean up the bathroom and move Lisa soon; they couldn’t leave her there too long.

         About two hours later the front door opened and Paul’s wife Susan cautiously entered.  Seeing both men sitting silently at the table, she let out a long sigh, then walked rapidly to the master bathroom.  She kneeled over the still form of Lisa and shook her gently.  Getting no immediate response, she removed a vial from her pocket, broke it in two, and having said a small prayer; she waved it back and forth under Lisa’s nose.

         “Lisa, Lisa honey, it’s time to wake up.  C’mon baby, I’m here, let’s get up and finish this.”

         Slowly Lisa began to move, first her head swaying side to side in Susan’s arms, before her arms started flopping aimlessly. Finally she seemed to come to, and looked in Susan’s eyes.

         “Well, did it go as we planned?”  Her speech was slow and slightly slurred.

         “Yes dear, it went exactly as planned.  Looks like that drug acted quickly after you took it.  When I first saw you, I would have thought you shot yourself too, if I didn’t already know better.”

         “That drug is something else!  I took it, and in less than five minutes was swooning, I wasn’t sure I’d be able to fire the gun and break the fake blood container so I could fall on it.”

         “I bet.  But the men are out already.  They are in the kitchen just like you said they would be, sitting down having a drink; they look as if they were talking when the drug hit them.  Too bad they didn’t know you weren’t really dead.”

         “Well, if they aren’t dead already, they will be soon.  That drug paralyzes the outer muscles first before it slowly paralyzes every other muscle in the body.  To a coroner it will look exactly like a heart attack, since it will stop that muscle too eventually.”

         The two women walked to the kitchen quickly, confident of what they’d see.  Both men were still seated exactly as they were when Susan entered the house.  Neither checked to see if the men were dead, they knew it was only a matter of time.  Lisa walked over to the still body of her husband and looked down at him contemptuously.  She had come to hate him these last few months and could barely contain her anger.  Her hands clenched as she considered punching him, but knew that an action like that would ruin their plans.  She saw the pistol lying next to his glass and picked it up.  She looked at it closely as she walked towards the computer desk.  Grabbing a package of micro-fiber cleaning cloths, she began carefully cleaning the gun, wiping away all traces of her fingerprints from the weapon.

         She turned towards Susan as she was cleaning it and said, “Susan, have you seen this gun that Steve bought?  It has a nice grip, and sits nicely in your hand.”  Suddenly the gun went off as Lisa cleaned the area around the trigger.  Susan screamed once and fell to the floor, blood flowing rapidly from a hole in her neck.

         “Susan!”  Lisa screamed hoarsely at her friend and lover, unable to believe her eyes.  She dropped the gun and ran to the woman’s side.  Kneeling beside her on the floor, she held Susan’s head in her arms, tears streaming down her face.  “Susan, Susan,,,”  Her sobbing continued unabated as Susan’s breath gurgled in her throat.  Susan gasped as she tried to speak, gulping as blood filled her throat.  Her arms flailed weakly as her blood pooled beneath her and Lisa.  She struggled greatly, then whispered, “I Love…” before her head rolled to the side, her eyes glazing over.

         Lisa pulled Susan’s body closer, hugging her tightly as she whispered “I’m sorry baby, I’m so sorry…” over and over.  A sudden noise caused her to jerk quickly as if she’d been struck in the head.  Turning her head she saw Steve, sprawled on the floor, his hand stretching to reach the dropped gun.  His lips were pulled back in snarl as he struggled to speak.  “You bitch!  You were dead!  I won’t miss this time!”  Susan sat there stunned, seemingly unable to move as he slowly inched closer to the gun.

         Finally she came to her senses, and quickly covered the short distance between her and Steve.  “No you don’t, you bastard!”  She screamed at him.  She grabbed the gun before Steve could inch to it, and pointed it at Steve’s head.  “You caused me to kill Susan! We had plans!  We were leaving this god forsaken town and starting a new life together.  You’re supposed to be dead by now.  And now, you are!”  Breathless from screaming at Steve, she carefully aimed at his throat, and shot him in almost the exact spot that had caused Susan’s death.  She didn’t stop to listen to his gurgles as the blood streamed from the hole in this throat.  Instead she dropped the gun on the floor and walked quickly to the main room of the house.

         As she sat on the couch crying, she heard an amplified voice outside.  “You in the house, come on out now, this is the police.”  Looking through the curtains in the window, she could see several police cars parked in the street with officers crouched behind them.  She smiled at this, laughing to herself that there were so many of out there.  What were they thinking?  That she was heavily armed and ready to attack the neighborhood?

         Realizing she had little time, she moved quickly to Steve’s side and grabbed the gun.  Once again she wiped it with the cloth, quickly this time.  She then carefully placed it in Paul’s hand, the gun now resting on the table as if Paul had been holding it. Quickly she washed her hands in the sink before walking to the door and opening it, her hands in the air.  “Please, help me!  My husband and our neighbors are dead inside!”  Sobbing loudly, she fell to the ground, her body wracked in sobs of grief.  Not for her husband, but for her dead lover, Susan.

         The police rushed up to the house, guns still drawn; cautiously looking for anyone who might be threat.  Lisa found herself surrounded by officers who frisked her before handcuffing her hands behind her back.  She was carefully led to one of the cars and helped in to the back seat.  She watched as officers entered the house while others began taping the area off as a crime scene.  She knew what they would find, and only hoped she’d managed to wipe her fingerprints off the gun.

         She watched as officers entered and left the house, and wasn’t too surprised to see a car marked “Coroner” pull up near the car she was in.  She listened as best she could while the officers talked amongst themselves about the scene inside.  The entire time, her mind was racing; formulating what she would say when the time came.  She rehearsed it over and over in her mind until she became convinced that her story was true.

         Later that afternoon she found herself sitting in front of a well dressed man.  “Mrs. Gibson, I’m Detective Warren.  Do you know why you are here?”

         “Yes I do.”  Lisa replied.

         “Good, I’ve been briefed by the officer in charge at the scene, and I see that you’ve been read your Miranda rights.  Do you wish to have an attorney present during this interview?  Anything you say during this interview can and will be held against you in a court of law.”

         “No, I don’t think I need a lawyer here right now, I’m innocent after all.”

         Detective Warren looked at her closely for a minute and said, “Would you like to tell me what happened in your house today?  This interview is being recorded.”

         “Well, I’m not really sure actually.”

         “What do you mean by that?  You were there in the house when everything happened.”

         “Well, the first thing I saw was Susan lying on the floor, and,,, and,,,”  At this point Lisa broke down and started crying.  Detective Warren handed her a couple of tissues as he watched her sob.  He waited patiently until the sobbing slowly ebbed, then softly said, “Let’s start at the beginning.  There’s a lot of fake blood in the master bathroom.  How did it get there?”

         Lisa looked at the detective, her face slowly turning a light shade of crimson.  “Steve and I starting spicing up our sex life a while back.  We dabbled a little in D/s scenes, and to make it more exciting, would use fake blood in our intense sessions.  He never hurt me, but we wanted it to look that way for our viewers.”

         “Viewers?  You allowed people to watch as the two of you made love?”

         “No, we never did it in front of others, only on our webcam.  We were complete amateurs, but loved exciting others.”
Detective Warren looked at her a moment, his mind conjuring images.  “Stop it!” He said to himself.  Forcing himself to come back to the task at hand, he looked at Lisa again and said, “Okay, that explains the how fake blood was in your house, but how did it come to be all over the floor of the master bathroom?”

         “Well, we had a dinner party recently; Paul and Susan were two of the guests.  After having a few drinks, I found myself talking to Paul.  One thing lead to another, and I confessed to him about our exploits on cam.  His excitement was obvious to even the most casual observer, so I asked him if he’d like to come over one day and see for himself.  We arranged for that day to be today.”
“So you and Paul had a session on cam then.”

         “No!  Not at all, I was showing him what we used and such.  I went in the bathroom to clean up, and fainted.  I hadn’t eaten well all week, and it hit me all at once.  When I came to, I was lying in a puddle of fake blood.  I wondered where Paul had gone, so I thought I better go look.  As I was getting up, I heard a shot, and then a second shot a minute or so later.  When I got to the kitchen, I saw Steve and Susan on the floor, and Paul sitting in a chair.  They were all dead!”

         Once again sobbing ensued, Detective Warren sat there impassively until it once again abated.

         “I’m sorry Lisa, I know this is hard for you, but I need to know what happened, and when.  You said you heard a shot, followed by a second one a minute or so later. Why didn’t you run to the kitchen immediately after hearing the first shot?”

         “I tried to.  But my body wasn’t responding properly, I couldn’t move fast enough, nor get coordinated enough to get there.  I was halfway down the hall when I heard the second shot.”

         “Well, I’m not sure who shot who yet.  We found no evidence of what we call ‘blow-back’ on Paul’s hands, and while we can’t pinpoint his time of death, there is no way he could have shot his wife and your husband.  But let’s backtrack a moment.  There’s a bit of blood in the master bedroom on the bed, and on Paul.  Do you have any idea how that got there?”

         Once again the blood rose to Lisa’s face, turning it an even darker shade of crimson.  “Well, Paul and I didn’t make love on cam, but we did have a small D/s session.  Some of the fake blood got on him and the bed, which is why I originally went to the bathroom to clean up.”

         “Why did you do this with a neighbor you hardly knew?”

         “We weren’t complete strangers, we knew them as well as we knew any neighbors.”

         “Okay Lisa, I have to tell you what I know as facts.  First and foremost, there are three dead people, your husband, and two neighbors, Susan and Paul.  Two of them have been shot in the neck, but both men were poisoned with an unidentified substance.  None of them have evidence of blowback on their hands, nor did you.  But with Paul having been poisoned, there is no way he could have pulled the trigger.  That leaves only one person who could have pulled the trigger, you.”  He said the last word softly to bring home the point.  “Are you sure you don’t want an attorney here with you.”

         “No detective, I don’t.  But I want to make a complete statement.”

         “Okay Lisa, let’s start at the beginning.”

         “Steve and I met Paul and Susan about ten months ago, right after they moved in.”

         “Lisa, let’s stick with what happened today if we can.”

         “But detective, to really explain what happened today, I need to tell you how this all came about.  As I said, we met them a few months ago.  I never liked Paul much, he reminded me of a snake, and we didn’t talk much.  But Susan and I were close, very close.  I noticed that from time to time she’d have small bruises on her arms and legs, and I always asked her about them.  She would casually reply that her and Paul got carried away the night before.  I’ve told you that Steve and I did D/s scenes on cam, but never mentioned those to her.  But the difference was, Steve would never hurt me.”

         Lisa paused for a moment, and Detective Warren relaxed as he absorbed her story.

         “One day when Susan and I went to lunch, I couldn’t help but notice as she gingerly sat down.  When I asked her what was wrong, she said that Paul had really gotten carried away the night before.  This time I wouldn’t let it slide, so I probed for more information.  I couldn’t stand seeing someone I cared so much for in such pain, especially from the man who was supposed to love her.  It took a while, but she slowly opened up and told me the story.”

         “Paul and Susan were also into D/s somewhat, but he really loved dominating her in a mean way.  He made the letter M in BDSM stand for Masochism.  The previous night they had made love, and while taking her anally, he had whipped her viciously.  Needless to say, we didn’t stay out long; we took our food to go instead.  We went back to my house to relax, and I convinced her to show me her bruises.  What I saw disgusted me.”

         Detective Warren shifted slightly in his chair and softly asked, “How bad was it Lisa.”

         Lisa didn’t notice the change in Detective Warren’s demeanor, and replied, “She had to remove her pants and panties to show me.  Her rear was covered in large welts, some of which were raw from the beating she took.  Despite my revulsion, I had to help her, so I went to the medicine cabinet and grabbed the Aloe salve off the shelf.  I made her lie there as I gingerly applied it to her backside.”

         Lisa stopped for a moment, remembering the day well in her mind.  Susan’s ass looked so abused that she knew she had to do something.  She never counted on becoming aroused as she applied the Aloe salve to her tender skin, nor had she planned on Susan also becoming aroused.  The welts had stretched across her ass cheeks, ending high on her thighs between her legs.  Lisa had made sure not to miss any area, and when she was through, she let her hands graze lightly over Susan’s tender skin.  She was startled to hear a low moan as Susan’s hips moved slightly as if asking her fingers to move further.  She’d questioned Susan about it, and her reply had startled her.  Susan told Lisa that she was bi-curious, and loved the feeling of her hands.  One thing led to another, and they ended up making tender love in a classic sixty nine position with Susan on top.  After that, Lisa knew she was hooked, and wanted to spend all the time she could with Susan.

         “Lisa?  Can we continue?”

         Detective Warren’s question startled Lisa out of her reverie.  “I’m sorry detective, yes, let’s continue.”

         “After that day, I became very protective of Susan.  We spent as much time together as we could, and yes, we became lovers.  I told her of the games that Steve and I played on cam, but that there was one difference.  Steve wouldn’t hurt me, only pretend.  That all changed one day when our ‘director’ wasn’t on line watching us.  See, we had a ‘fan’, that’s the best way I can think of to describe him.  At first he was just a fan, but over time, he became our director, telling us what to do on cam for everyone’s enjoyment.  He always made sure we played safe and that Steve never hurt me.  But one night he wasn’t there, and Steve beat me in a similar fashion that Paul did Susan.  The next day, it was Susan who consoled me and took care of my aching body.”

         Again she paused as she remembered that day.  Once again Detective Warren shifted in his seat, one hand unobtrusively adjusting his growing organ.

         “After that, Susan and I decided we would leave our husbands, move to a new town, and tell everyone we were sisters.  But Susan was fearful of Paul and felt he would never stop looking for her.  We decided that both men had to die for us to be entirely safe.  At first we thought we would only kill Paul, but then we found out that Paul and Steve were gay lovers, and knew both men would have to die.  Before we could do anything, Susan found an e-mail on their computer about a plan the men had.  They were going to get me to kill myself after making a death pact with Paul.  Paul would seduce me and make me addicted to his brand of sex.  Steve was supposed to accidentally find us making love and pretend to kill Paul by shooting him.  They thought that I would be so devastated by this that I would then kill myself.  So Susan and I revised our original plan.  Things would go as the men planned, but I wouldn’t really kill myself, I’d just fire the gun in the air and fall on a vial of fake blood.  We knew neither one would check to make sure I was dead if they saw blood pooling under my head.  I also knew that Steve was a wimp, and would need a drink once this all happened.  So today, I set the stage, and poisoned the glasses I knew they’d use.  A slow working poison, they would be paralyzed at first, then die of suffocation.  Everything went exactly as planned, except that bastard Steve left a couple of real bullets in the gun with the blanks.  While I was cleaning the gun of my fingerprints, it went off and Susan was hit.”

         At this point, Lisa once again started crying, but this time she recovered quickly and continued.  “I must have erred in my calculations for the poison, because Steve wasn’t dead yet.  He almost got out of the chair to get the gun.  But I got to it first, and shot him.  I guess Paul’s dead, and I’m glad for it.  And that detective, is what happened in my house today.”

         Detective Warren made a few comments in to the recorder and turned it off.  As Lisa was lead away to her cell, he sat back at his desk to ponder the day’s events.  He had really come to enjoy his secret life, and now he wondered where he would find two new people to direct on their webcam as they made love.

Jim Dorrell
10/30/11


A special thanks to Bikerider for his assistance in writing this.  The police questioning would not be written anywhere close to true without his invaluable input.
© Copyright 2011 Sum1 (jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822628-Tangled-Web