*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822863-Love-in-Hidden-Places-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1822863
Dakota's on her way to Chase's. What could possibly go wrong now?
Arriving in front of Rickie's Rentals Chase jumped off the bike leaving me there trying to regain my bearings. "Stay here k lovely?" I nodded and slipped off the helmet.

"Chase," Looking at me he let a little old lady pass him. I smiled at him. "grab a scary movie k?" He nodded, then disappeared behind the glass doors. Sighing I pulled out my cellphone. The wind rippled through my hair.

One text from my best friends,`Bonnie Knights. She had the most gorgeous blonde hair, and deep, rich brown eyes. Hey shorty! Deveyn's here if ya wanna drop by! If ur w Chase I get it! *Heart*!! I cringed and frowned. I didn't get along with Deveyn. She was really pretty with her rusty brown hair and faded blue eyes but she snarled and growled whenever I came around almost as if she were some sort of animal.

Deveyn has a friend named Gracie who looks a lot like me but 1,000x prettier. She has long black hair and green eyes, her hair though had pretty little ringlets and her eyes had dark secrets stored behind them. When she saw me her eyes changed to a faded green, that scares me cause they both do that. When their excited their eyes get darker and when angry or sad faded. I quickly replied with: Nah I'm good. I'm with Chase :), he is renting movies!!! Might finally ask me out! LOL :) and w ur friends I wouldnt come ova even if that meant the world was gunna end LOL JK!

Stretching out my arms I sighed. Looking into the car next to us I saw Deveyn's friend,Gracie. She was holding a child that had the roundest green eyes and tiny black curls. Gracie was singing softly trying to calm her down. It worked, the child fell asleep instantly and she sighed. Looking over she spotted me, she rolled down her window. "Hey Dakota." She spoke in a whisper.

"Hey Gracie, how are you?" She gave me the thumbs up briefly while strapping the child into her car seat. "What's the kids name? She's cute." Opening the car door she jumped out, I had to pinch myself to make sure I didn't shout out "Oh my gosh!". Gracie was dressed in a sundress. It was white which made her eyes and hair stand out. She had sandals on the crawled up her leg and wore gold bracelets, her gold earrings were circular making her face look thin and exotic.

"That's Leah. Newest member of the Harrison family." Harrison, that was her last name. Is it her moms kid? " This is my older sisters daughter, Roxy decided she should drink and drive. She died last week." No emotions or anything on her face.

" I'm so very sorry." I said putting my hands across my heart. "So what's going to happen with Leah?" Looking back into the car Gracie sighed.

"Not sure. In Roxy's will she said she wanted me, Deveyn, and Lenie to watch over her." Lenie. She was another friend of Deveyn who was my favorite of the Deveyn crew. Lenie had white hair that was almost grey and and dull, murky, brown eyes. She was quiet and everything she said was insightful. Recently me and Lenie had become friends which pleased both me and Bonnie.

"That's kind but are you ready for that kind of responsibility?" She shook her head. Jerking my head towards the door I watched two adults strut out. Both had black hair and piercing green eyes. Gracie's parents. They strutted over. "Hi Mr. and Mrs. Harrison, how are you today?" Extending my hand they stared at it as if it were a ticking time bomb. I pulled it back.

"Mom, Dad, really?" They turned to Gracie who stood with her hands on her hips. Mrs.Harrison grabbed Gracie's arm.

"Gracie, I thought we talked about who you should and shouldn't associate yourself with." Examining her outfit I was a little scared. She wore an elegant white dress that reached down to her knees. She wore white stiletto boots and carried what could be a weapon. It was pointed and shined in the sun that escaped between the clouds.

"Mom Dakota is a friend of Bonnie. Also a friend of mine." I froze and took my gaze away from the weapon. Friend? Whoa I didn't even know that, Mrs.Harrison scowled. Mr.Harrison grabbed his wife and led her to the other side of the car whispering into her ear. She was sickly pale. Turning to me she smiled. "Sorry bout that. Mom's kinda a control freak."

"No worries." I smiled. "My parents are like that too." Lie.

"Cool, hey are you going to Bonnie's? Deveyn and Lenie are going to be there." Shaking my head she frowned. "Too bad would have been fun." Chase stumbled out and tried catching his breath. Stupid Gracie, why did she have to be so friggin hot! Almost running to us I blushed.

"Hey Dakota who's your friend?" Taking the bag from his hands, Gracie smiled and held out her hand.

"Names Gracie Harrison." He flashed her is most striking smile, my heart broke.

"I'm Chase, Chase Woods." They kept their hands locked a second to long and I snapped.Reaching for his keys I purposely punched his side. "Ow! Dakota what the heck?" I smiled.

"I'm so sorry Chase! I just remembered I'm going to Bonnie's tonight and I need to be there pronto!" Gracie looked at the both of us confusion all over her face.

"Wait I'm confused. I thought you weren't going?" Shaking my head vigorously I laughed.

"No silly! I am I was saying that I wasn't going to Macy's house!" She frowned.

"Who's Macy?" I laughed and pulled Chase onto the bike, his elbow smacked against the throttle. He didn't stop staring and Gracie smiled.

"Chase! Hurry up you slow poke! I need to be there NOW!" He glared at me. Turning to Gracie he waved.

" See ya Gracie." She waved back then turned to me.

" And I'll see you at Bonnie's." Blowing me a kiss I faked a smile. She could tell and she giggled. Once she pulled out I sighed.
Chase turned around and growled.

"What the heck Dakota! Why were you acting like your sister?" I shut up and listened. Once Chase got started it was better to let him finish."Do you have to act like that every single time I show any interest to your friends? Your so jealous Dakota, not just of Gracie but Bonnie, Lenie, and especially Deveyn! We had a thing a while ago! Quit being a prick!" He started the bike and pulled out. I clutched to his waist which he tried prying my fingers off while riding. I let go and tapped his back, he stopped.

I pulled my leg over and placed the videos in his lap. He looked and me hate in his eyes which quickly turned to regret. I turned away and began walking on the sidewalk. "Dakota! Don't be like that!" Jumping off the bike he jogged to catch up to me. Tears filled my eyes. "Dakota look at me please." I turned, once he saw my eyes he sighed. "I'm so sorry Dakota, I didn't mean to lose my temper like that." I nodded and then resumed my walking.

"I don't care Chase. You can have Gracie." He stopped and I turned.

"That's what this is about? Gracie?" He threw his hands in the air and laughed. "You really are jealous of her aren't you? Wow whatever bye Dakota! Lose my number!" Throwing his helmet on the ground I jumped.

"Chase!" Turning around he looked at me. I pulled out my phone and pressed the delete button on my phone then Chase's name. His pissed off face fell. I stashed it in my back pocket then resumed my walk to Bonnie's.This time, I didn't turn back.
© Copyright 2011 Dreaming_Pisces (pyschoticangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822863-Love-in-Hidden-Places-2