*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1823744-Everybody-Wants-To-Rule-The-World-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Technology · #1823744
Careers are juggled in order to take a step forward in the unraveling of the truth.
2 - Agendas


Foreign nations have begun to include information warfare in their war college curricula with respect to both defensive and offensive applications.

-- George Tenet, CIA DCI


"They didn't find anything there. The captain said that the site is a complete mess."

The bald man sighed. He rocked his office chair back and forth while his right hand clutched the phone. Sweat dripped down his face despite the chilling blow of the air-conditioner, his spectacles slip downwards slowly due to the moisture on his face. His left hand, bulging with veins, tapped the smooth wooden finish of his desk.

He cleared his throat then said, "Okay I'll see what I can do from here. Young out."

Brian Young flipped his phone shut and dropped it onto the table. He stood up and faced the vanity mirror near his desk; he fixed his suit and wiped off the sweat on his face. The rough features on his face indicated that he looked much older than his age of 53; he always says that it is because of the troubles at work.

His work? He is the acting director of Information Defense Agency (IDA), a new branch of the government which is dedicated to protecting the country's information database and performing surveillance for military intelligence. President Ramon Barrera blessed the agency after Brian's efforts in helping Captain Blaine in the hotel incident. He gave Brian the IDA as his own agency with his own team to command and an office complex in Makati City.

And now his team is pressed in finding more about the recent mysterious attacks. They've uncovered nothing more but theories about who is responsible for the destruction in Quezon City. Of course the number one suspect is the Al Qaeda, but everybody knows that they're incapable of performing such attacks. If the Al Qaeda were indeed responsible then they should've bombed those districts instead of killing every individual with different methods before leaving the place to dust.

Other theories pointed the Illuminati, the Masons, North Korea, and other minor groups. Brian wasn't pleased. He didn't want theories; he wanted cold hard proof, just like how President Barrera wanted them.

Before he could turn the knob of his office door, his phone chirped. A certain beep which indicated a certain person outside his office. He peered through the blinds on the window next to his door and saw no one nearby. He rushed to the desk and flipped the phone open.


--------------------------


Armand Kane,

Attached in this email is a series of audio files which came from an anonymous sender. The sender claims that he comes from a group which is dedicated to root out the source of everything that's happening here.

Most of the recordings aren't complete, they're chopped up and there's nothing I can do to complete them. There are also audio files which are empty, as if those guys left the microphone open in an empty room.

Regards,

Paul Pangborn

…………………

"Arriv.wav"

Oct 216 arrived at en route to the lab. The exterior brical sha com meas shut tight. Aquare windoprsmoke.

The escort left at exactly 23 be a handle sticking out of the obt's oning wch raled <Static interference>.

"Oper.wav"

This is Captain John Warsaw of the 51st International Peacekeeping Force. <Static>

Lat wek we he within Manhattan. The base of opeons reved mintel which ponts out to a in the No.

The first strike team was deployed to the given coordinates,

First strike team makes outpost. They reed tht a blizrd ieded their gress for ours. Once the weaer cleed up bilized tards the base.

<Silence>

<Gunfire>

<Explosions> <Screams>

"Dear God… NO!!!"

<Silence>

"JFK.wav"

President John F. Kennedy received …………. he wasn't happy about it.

After a two-hou President has decided to send fosuport.

"Reta.wav"

Second strike sists of four tanks, fifty four hopters.

"This is Private en route to."

"Oh my God…"

"The whole caof snow crimson by the those in the first

"Is that… A human torso?"

"Shit…"

"Movement."

"Incoming!!!"

<Gunfire>

"Reloading!"

<Gunfire>

<Screams>

"The tanks… What the?!"

<Explosions>

<Incomprehensible speech>

"Chopper down!

<More explosions>

<Panicked breathing>

"WHAT THE F—!!!"

<Silence>

"WS.wav"

This is Captain John Warsaw and we are en route to NP. This rom the President himself. I a the mary.

The brutality. Frozen y parts and metal armor in a carpet of dried blood. The chassis of dod taks look like monsters and hed choppers lay dead dragons.

<Silence>

"We have entered the recon sweep."

<5 minute silence>

"Clear. No hostiles."

"Leaving the … decided to pack up."

"Did you hear that?"

"doing?!"

<Gunfire>

"HOSTILES!!"

<Gunfire>

"Terrorist scum!"

<Silence>

"This is aw. The hostiles been aref hostiles."

<Gunshot>

<Silence>

"D.O.R.wav"

21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21

"Hrbnr.wav"

o

Aztec, Abaddon, Boron, Czech, Dahlia, Demi, Ether, Frost, Gyro, Harpy, Helios, Ithaca, Jung, Kelvin, Luminescence, Luna, Mantis, Minotaur, Nitrogen, Ophel, Orchestra, Phalanx, Pharaoh, Prodigy, Quetzalcoatl, Rain, Rubiks, Sultan, Tantra, Trinity, Umbra, Velocity, Weapon, Willpower, Wound, Xanadu, Xavier, Yield, Zeal.

"Cataym.wav"

The Presiden

* November 22, 1963 - JK ated.

* March 26, 19 "O te People's Temple.

* February 28, 1993 - "Demi" d

* ber 2, 2 -Opld"


---------------------


"Virgil here. The audio files have been analyzed. We sent some of the fragments to Pangborn."

Brian paced back and forth in his office. He didn't want anyone from his office to hear this current conversation.

"Did he answer?" Brian asked.

"Nope. I sure hope that he'll be able to contribute something to us."

"Yeah. He's an important asset to this. Talk to you later, gotta check my team here."

Brian dropped the call and left the office. He walked through the platform which overlooked the cubicles of his drones. He rested his arms on the cold steel railing and watched his men and women as they faced their computers while some marched all over the area with hands full of papers and folders.

"Okay everyone. Updates!" Brian said out loud, his voice echoed throughout the workstation.

A man in his 30's stood up from his cubicle and produced a clipboard from a drawer next to his monitor. He cleared his throat then spoke.

Oh, Timothy. You and your one-sided hair which shines like polished metal.

"Uh sir, we got a list of phone calls from people in that district the night before the attack."

Brian smirked, "And what is the benefit of that list to our cause?"

"Some of the calls are---"

Brian waved Timothy off with his left hand, "Next report please?"

A woman stood up. Susan, 43, mother of three. Shoulder-length hair failed to cover the marks on her neck after a failed suicide attempt.

She spoke with a clear Tagalog accent, "Sir, eyewitness description of the black helicopter which landed near the district shortly before the attack."

"Go on."

She smiled at her director's interest in her findings, "Full black chopper with, uh," She flipped through the pages of her folder, "A symbol on the tail, left side, which appears to be a small eye enclosed within a white ring."

"Interesting. I'll be back in forty-five minutes for an update."

Brian went back into his office and locked the door. He took out his phone and pressed speed dial 3.

Eye… Within a white ring.

"Virgil."

"Virgil, get me everything about a symbol, specifically an eye within a white ring."

"Okay boss. What else?"

"Black choppers. The eye symbol is painted on the choppers."

"Okay, copy that."

Brian flipped the phone shut and sat back on his chair. He breathed a sigh of relief, seems that this day isn't as bad as originally thought.


------------------------


His smooth hands caressed the glass finish of the bottle. A sparkling glass bottle with a spherical cap made of diamond. He gently pulled the cap and lifted the bottle, pouring the dark brown liquid onto an aquamarine shot glass.

He raised the shot glass and emptied it into his mouth. The bitter liquid crawled down his throat; his body became warm in a matter of seconds. He wanted more. He poured another shot.

He stared at the map of the world which hung on the wall in front of him, encased within an ivory frame. His sources say that the map dated back from the 1800's, they did everything they can to restore it to the best possible condition. A switch underneath the silver armrest of his chair controlled the lights inside the frame which illuminated specific countries on the map.

Another shot. His body is on fire.

Another shot.

The dark blue lights of the room seemed to become much darker. He made sure that he's within the dark part of the room; he didn't want the light to touch him. He took one last shot before resting the bottle back on the table. He closed his eyes and allowed the liquor to warm up his body and dull his senses.

That is the reason to celebrate.
© Copyright 2011 Tarin Hawkwing (haakuryu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1823744-Everybody-Wants-To-Rule-The-World-2