*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824028-The-Crimason-Rose
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1824028
The Fairies had three rules, you don't lie, cheat,or kill.
The fairies had three rules, you don't lie, cheat or kill, but Persephone was a fairy of Darkness and she didn't have to follow these rules. She loved him, she loved him with all her heart. He didn't feel the same. Caleb lived on a white rose, away from the central hearth of the fairies, the oak tree. He had always been a loner. Persephone never thought he would do something so horrible ,in her eyes, that the faries made a code to it. Caleb was not a fairy of darkness, he had to follow the rules. He cheated on Persephone, he crushed her heart to peices. Persephone really thought that he would be "The One" but she was wrong. She wanted revenge, she wanted it as if her life depended on it.
Persephone lifted her silver sword in the air. It gleamed inthe moonless night. it gleamed by the light of the nymph Calisto, she died a traitor and was put up in the stars. She looked at the opal hilt and it shimmerd like the snow. she stuck the sword in her belt and prepared for the flight. Her black hair blew in the cool northern wind.She looked to the north and there in the distance she saw the rose bush were she was heading. The wind howled in her ears. she thought of how he would pay so dearly for her suffering. She thought of how he would parish on the rose where they once lay gazing at the stars. She remembered the astronomy lessons he had taught her, but that was the past, it would never return.
She lifted into the icy air. Her wings beating quickly to fight the wind. The bush was well over a mile away. She flew to the glowing lake near her home in the orchids. She stopped at the docks where a scraggaly old fairy stood. She silently handed over three poppy seeds. The old fairy looked utterly delighted and took her across the lake.
Perephone looked into the water. The pesky river nymphs mocked her with her lost love. All magical beings had a parralel, but they did not always do the same things. She saw her and Calebs parralel gazing at the stars. But instead of at the stars it was at her. They still genuinely loved each other, or maybe they didn't, it did not matter, it was to make her upset and that was that. The boat made it to the other side of the lake.
She was almost on her enemies doorstep. Persephone flew up to the leaf next to Calebs flower. He looked so peacefull, that would not last long. His satin nightclothes shone in the moonless night. The white rose was once his home and now it would be his grave.
Persephone drew her sword. She placed it on Caleb's chest. All she could think about was how she was doing him a favor. Not letting him get caught breaking the Fairy Code, wich would result in eternal torment and suffering for himself and for his family for raising him. She did not want to kill him, but it was her duty she must. Persephone sighed. She closed her eyes and plunged her sword into his flesh. She could hear his breath fade. Persephone loathed the feeling of blood soaking throught his silk nightcloaths and staining the white rose. Persephone opened her eyes and the last thing she ever saw of Caleb was him disintigrating into a fine, golden dust that blew away into the wind. Persephone dissappeared into the sky. All that was left was a lone crimsone rose in a field of white.
© Copyright 2011 Hollyhock Talon (cfisher at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824028-The-Crimason-Rose